One thing or another. . .

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So the story of my life goes, if it is not one thing, its another. . .

I was actually having a normal day saturday, when naturally something has to happen. . .

The other half and I were driving home from lunch with my mom, when all of a sudden it sounded like someone threw a peice of glass out of a thrid story window. . . then the car started to wobble kind of funny. . . Low and behold, the passenger rear strut mount had rusted and the strut itself shattered the rust and punched up throught the middle of the metal mounting plate. . . so he only thing holding up the car was the spring. . .

We also realized the driver side was about to go as well. . .

The bad news is, my stuff broke, however the good news is :

We got a preformance upgrade for the same ammount of money that we would have spent for stock replacements, which means GOOD SUSPENSION!!!!!

We got performance shocks (kyb) and springs(tien), and strut bars for front and back!!!!!!!! And the car dropped about two inches! It is so much better looking and the ride and handling is so much better!!!!!!!!

I know that no one on here probably cares about it but I am SO EXCITED! Hooray for good handling!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, if you're excited, I'm excited!!
At least you got something good from it. Was the upgrade a warranty thing? I'm asking because our struts are going in our car too, but it isn't under warranty (bought it privately).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
no they were not under warranty, my car is too old and I bought it privately. what kind of car is it that you have? We have alot of resources and my be able to assist you with getting them for a reasonable price depending on the car. . . let me know!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you're loving the kyb struts! I couldnt believe how much of a difference they made on Gary's car!

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
they are awesome and the ones in tha back are fully adjustable! The front still sits a little high, but what can you do. . . till I save up a hefty chunk of change, it will have to do. . .

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, you were lucky that didn't cause more damage than it did! I bet you'll be thrilled with the new setup now!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NoRachelHere

no they were not under warranty, my car is too old and I bought it privately. what kind of car is it that you have? We have alot of resources and my be able to assist you with getting them for a reasonable price depending on the car. . . let me know!
It is a Toyota Corolla, 1998. The handling is still good, but it's making that clunking noise when it goes over potholes (which there are a lot of), so we figure they are going to need replaced soon.

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, you must've dropped a load on those tein springs. I'm rocking eibachs on my Prelude, drives like it's on rails, I've yet to make it break loose on curves. My record so far is 96 mph on a pretty tight highway on ramp curve, didn't realize how fast I was going till I plopped back into my seat after I came unglued from my door. Definitely pulled a few G's there.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Wow, you must've dropped a load on those tein springs. I'm rocking eibachs on my Prelude, drives like it's on rails, I've yet to make it break loose on curves. My record so far is 96 mph on a pretty tight highway on ramp curve, didn't realize how fast I was going till I plopped back into my seat after I came unglued from my door. Definitely pulled a few G's there.
Ehh, they were used. I got them off a guy i know at a local DSM shop.
I paid 400 for the struts springs and hubs for he back end because my e brake pretty much did not work at all. . .

Its nice. . . Better then it was. I like it. We also modified the exhaust so now it is loud as heck, sounds so nice though, at idle sounds like a 350z but louder! Its so sexy!