Sustainable shoes!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was out shopping today, well more like window shopping and I came across these shoes in a sports store and I really liked them - they are made from recycled materials, such as PET bottles, car tyres, etc.

Would you wear them?

http://www.simpleshoes.com/index.aspx

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure but not in my size and 70 for sneakers is $$$

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of the style. If it was a style I liked, then I'd probably be happy to pay a bit extra for them.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love them to death, hoping to buy a pair soonish!

Oddly, the same company owns them, Teva, and Ugg. How is one an uber-preppy has-been style, one a stereotype of hippy riverguides, and the other one this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Oddly, the same company owns them, Teva, and Ugg. How is one an uber-preppy has-been style, one a stereotype of hippy riverguides, and the other one this?
I was wondering about that too...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to if they made a style that wasn't leather or suede -- I have to stick to my vegetarian principles. But they're cute!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I'd love to if they made a style that wasn't leather or suede -- I have to stick to my vegetarian principles. But they're cute!
They do - the ones I looked at today were jute textile - no leather or suede. How about that?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they're cute. Unfortunately, I don't see any extra extra wide sizes. I wear a 5EE. It's pretty hard to be eco-friendly when you wear that unusual a size...actually, it's difficult to find any shoes at all!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I'd buy them.
Or at least some sort of organic / recycled shoes. Ok, I don't need any new shoes right now, but when I do...

I have been meaning to buy more organic cotton clothes. Too bad they're a bit expensive. So at least I try to stick with buying used clothes. That's cheap AND eco-friendly.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Ok, I don't need any new shoes right now, but when I do...
What do you mean, you don't need new shoes?...

I had a wee browse of that website, and I love those shoes! They're my kind of "style" - I like Teva, Birkenstock, Merrell. Love the fact that they're eco-responsible, and I don't think they're too expensive.

Are you getting a pair Kelleye?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

What do you mean, you don't need new shoes?...

I had a wee browse of that website, and I love those shoes! They're my kind of "style" - I like Teva, Birkenstock, Merrell. Love the fact that they're eco-responsible, and I don't think they're too expensive.

Are you getting a pair Kelleye?
I am thinking about it....
I like that style (Teva, Keen, etc as well)

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of like them. I normally wear Doc Martens. I've been thinking of getting a pair of Merrells for the winter (my sandals are Merrells and I love them). That said, after wearing for the summer they are already looking worn.

I just don't know...My Docs always last for years, I hate shelling out hundreds for new shoes several times a year.
The last couple of sneaker style shoes just didn't hold up great. My newest Docs are a couple years old. My older pair I bought in 2001.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you heard about the Marshalls shoe contest? You can win 1 ton of shoes. Yes, a ton. You can enter online or at a store. You can only enter once.

I entered, but I wonder why they don't have a storage place as part of the prize.

I don't think that they have shoes for cats, though.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What if it was fake suede or leather?