Face issues

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All of a sudden my face feels sooo oily. It has never felt that way before. I can't even get through a day of work without my face feeling so gross. I don't know what's causing it. I have always had really dry skin. When I touch my face, it doesn't feel like it's oily, but I feel like I need to wash my face!! Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it? It's so annoying!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes oily skin signals that your skin needs moisturizer and your body is trying to compensate by producing more oil. I'm having a weird skin experience too. I woke up last morning with what felt like hundreds of sub dermal bumps under my eyes, on my cheeks, on my nose and mid forehead. (Basically the T-zone) It just appeared overnight! So I zapped them with moisturizer that had medication and it's going down slowly but surely.
Best of wishes to you!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you changed the makeup type or other product that you put on your face? Sometimes your skin will just change at different points of your life - at least this is what my dermatologist told me when I went in about my scalp. Maybe you could get some of those pre-moistened face wipes to work with you so that when your face feels really oily, your can wash it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My face went from sahara-dry to oily when I started taking the pill... do you think hormones might have anything to do with it? That and what has your weather been like, have you turned on the heat or a/c or is it really humid out?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

All of a sudden my face feels sooo oily. It has never felt that way before.
Have you recently started taking any medications aside from the daily aspirin?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What Stacy said is right on target -- I had the same problem for years and didn't understand that all my efforts to scrub clean were actually making it worse.

Adding to the list of questions: do you use fabric softener? I recently discovered that even the mildest, most hypoallergenic fabric softeners cause my skin to go berserk, so I've banned them from the house. And I double-rinse all the laundry, too, to be sure there's no detergent left in it. Might give that a try and see if it helps.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had oily skin all my life, and I've tried just about everything to help dry it up: I always feel like my face is "dirty" - Yuck!

The one good thing about it is the fact that I'm almost 50, and don't have any wrinkles!
So there's something good to be said about it, anyway..

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

My face went from sahara-dry to oily when I started taking the pill... do you think hormones might have anything to do with it? That and what has your weather been like, have you turned on the heat or a/c or is it really humid out?
I just got off the pill a few weeks ago because I have a blood clotting factor in my blood and basically it could kill me. It almost killed me. I was on it for almost 5 years before they found that out!!
Maybe it's because my hormones are out of whack since I got off the pill.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Sorry to ask this, but are you going through the change? Oil/dry skin can change then.
The change??
Are you talking about puberty? I'm 22!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rachel, may you have such a sense of humor when the big change comes, and if you have had oily skin all your life, like me, you will look a lot younger when you get there.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you pregnant? I had super dry skin and i wondered why all of a sudden my skin got all oily, after miscarrying my skin went back to super-dry!

Might not be it, but its just a thought