Ahhh!!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This morning as I was walking out the door to go to work, something caught my eye. There was a small, gray, hairy spider on the wall!!!!
Of course my boyfriend was still asleep so I had to get it. Two things came across my mind if I didn't. 1) It could end up in my bed; 2) It could be poisonous, and could bite my cats. As I went to smash it, it JUMPED on me!!!!!!!!!!!!
If that wasn't bad enough, when I got to work, I parked in the parking garage and while I was waiting on the elevator I decided to look up. I saw a BAT hanging above me!!!!!!! What the heck??? Critters are after me today!!! What are some things that make you freak?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders and bats definitely get me. I was lying in bed the other evening, and I looked up and saw a huge spider on the wall. It disappeared before I could get it, so it's still in here somewhere. It's scaring me, but I can't find it.
We also have a bat that hangs out near the barn. I hate going out there close to dark when it's most active.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bats are fine for me as long as they're not flying. Spiders, on the other hand...

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooooooh my god, it JUMPED on you? Shriek-ville! I know it's irrational to be so bothered but I can't help it, spiders are SO creepy!

I think the ultimate moment of spider-horror for me was in my basement. I spotted a huge spider on the floor (I was barefoot, mistake number one) and decided to kill it. I thought it looked a little odd with a crusty looking body but I didn't think of what it could mean. I slammed a shoe down on the spider, dead perfect aim....but when I started to raise the shoe MILLIONS OF TINY SPIDERS FLED THE BODY. Needless to say, I shrieked like a loon and ran away.

That was utterly chilling, I just.... ::SHUDDER:: I have not been the same since. O_O

Maybe today is creepy critter day for you? (though I like bats) It IS halloween after all!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would die if a spider jumped on me

I get freaked out by house centipedes and earwigs
Sometimes I see house centipede legs ON MY BAD..so I know Trout has killed one right on my bed as I sleep

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Sometimes I see house centipede legs ON MY BAD..so I know Trout has killed one right on my bed as I sleep
OMG, I am so freaked by house centipedes too!! I had never seen any before until my current apartment and ahhhh!! I also am really freaked out by opossums -- wierd I know but there is this HUGE one that runs around our parking lot and it is so creepy!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is so funny - yesterday I was laying on my bed, reading a book and a spider walked over my shoulder and then across my book. It gave me a fright.
But I didn't kill it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

House centipedes live in my room!! I read that it is really hard to find where they come from and hard to get rid of them so when I see one....
My worst of all fear is spiders though. When it jumped on me this morning, I thought I was going to die!!! I was a nervous wreck all morning.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That is so funny - yesterday I was laying on my bed, reading a book and a spider walked over my shoulder and then across my book. It gave me a fright.
But I didn't kill it.

You DIDN'T KILL it???? They are out to get me I know it. Spiders smell my fear a mile away. If one is in my house it always ends up in my bed!! Theey knooowww.....

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But I didn't kill it.
I would've had four heart attacks by then!!

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't mind spiders... I used to collect them from around the house and the garden and keep them in a jar.
My sister hated me for it.

I always wind her up with spiders. My mum makes me get rid of them when I'm over her house. My dad wont even touch them.

We don't have poisonous ones here though. I don't think
That probably makes a difference

I hate bees. I've never been stung, but what if I'm allergic? I hope I will never know.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot kill spiders, unless they are white tail spiders - I have been bitten by one of those and it wasn't pretty. But the harmless ones get a reprieve. I usually rescue them before hubby kills them!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I cannot kill spiders, unless they are white tail spiders - I have been bitten by one of those and it wasn't pretty. But the harmless ones get a reprieve. I usually rescue them before hubby kills them!
Those things get in your house??????
I couldn't live there!!!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love spiders. It's grasshoppers I can't stand. I'm absoulutly terrified of them. No idea why.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders are the very worst. Yeeesh!
And I hate earwigs, too.

Several weeks ago, when I went with my brother to do night photography at an old grain elevator complex in the middle of the night, there were bats everywhere, fluttering against the silos above us... I can't believe I handled it so well...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never used to be afraid of spiders - that is, not till I moved to Texas and learned about the Brown Recluse!
I've seen what the bite from that spider does to people, and it can kill you!
Now, I kill every spider I see!

The other night I was standing on the porch talking to the neighbor, and the biggest honkin' spider I've ever seen started coming down from its web right in front of my face; I FREAKED!
The neighbor took his cap off and whacked it a good one. EWWWW!

I HATE spiders now!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah - and I absolutely detest centipedes & earwigs! EWWWW!!

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

It IS nearly hallowe'en. They're all making an appearance just to make sure you're in the right "spirit" of things!!
Fake spiders in the spirit of Halloween I can handle: it's the real, dangerous ones that freak me out!

~KK~

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Fake spiders in the spirit of Halloween I can handle: it's the real, dangerous ones that freak me out!

~KK~
We have brown recluses too. I quit my job before because someone got bit by one in the office.