UGH! It's so hot! (Rant)

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's almost 80 degrees here and the apartment complex won't turn on their central cooling system so we can have AC! Sure, it was nice and cold a few days ago, but the weather forecast foretells that it's going to stay around 78-81 degrees for the next week! Angel, my poor black kitty and Tiger, the fluff ball can't do anything because it's so hot. Angel was even panting like a dog! At least they got cool water. I had put a couple of ice cubes in their water bowl. I got the fans running, the windows open, blinds shutting out as much light without blocking the breeze... And I'm dying too! The doctors said that my hormone levels were out of whack because of stress so they gave me a huge shot in the back side that would straighten it all out. So, we're all hot and most likely the leasing office has their AC on!
Honestly, I'm wondering what the rest of the building residents are thinking. My one neighbor is diabetic and the other neighbor has a 1 month old baby.
I hate it when places do that just because it's a certain time of year. Don't they know that Mother Nature can change up the weather in a flash?!

Okay, I'm done... I think.
ARGH!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Its amazing how hot it is there, its in the 50s here! Send some of that heat our way Your building should turn on the AC! Thats not fair to all the tenants...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katz4Life

Wow! Its amazing how hot it is there, its in the 50s here! Send some of that heat our way Your building should turn on the AC! Thats not fair to all the tenants...
I would gladly send heat to you!
Dang, I thought I would leave the Florida weather behind me but I swear it follows me!

I really hope it really cools down for Halloween here.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where I used to live they turned off the main power to to Ac the first weekend of october and it was off until may of the next year they wouldn't turn it on if a volcano erupted under their butts. I moves in durring a heat wave in october and it almost killed me.
I feel your Pain!

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't think it is ever going to get cold here.
Right now it's 85 degrees. We have no relief in sight until Tuesday. The way our weather goes, before Tuesday the weather will change and be hot again. I think we are going to go from summer to winter....if we even get a winter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update! They finally got the AC on!
Took them long enough since this was the 3rd hot day we had without it. Poor Tiger and Angel were laying sprawled out on the AC vents. It was cute but they were hot!
They're fine now, running around and playing!
Angel, before the AC was turned on, was meowing her complaints throughout the apartment the whole day. I wish I had it on camera but my battery died. X.X She was walking up to me, looking at me pathetically and meowing just as pathetic, "Meowmy! I'm hot!!!"