Favourite breeds

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my favorite "breed" of cat is a mixed breed... DSH/DLH/DMH. But out of those on your poll, I voted for Siamese.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our cats are DSH but if we could get a purebred cat...we love Exotics, Persians, Ragdolls, Ocicats, Bengals, Maine Coons, Russian Blues, Norwegian Forest Cats...
They are all so beautiful, it'd be hard to choose

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should group them into 3-4 groups of type.

I can't vote from your list

Favs: Ocicat, Cornish Rex, Oriental SH, Siamese

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all of the Oriental type breeds and recently (thanks to my MIL) I'm obcessed with Sphynx.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite breeds weren't in the options, so i voted Siamese since Siamese are similar to Colorpoints.
My favorite breeds are Turkish Angora's and Colorpoints (similar to Siamese)

That being said though, both my purebreed kitties came from rescues just like my dsh's did. I won't buy from a breeder, because there are sooo many furbabies in shelters that need good homes. (I work in a shelter, so i see sooo many animals- both purebreeds and moggies come in on a daily basis, i could never not adopt
)

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I really like the look of Bengals so I picked that. But if I could have any cat (for a LOW price) I would get a Munchin cat. They are so cute! They are like a wenier dog, but instead a wenier cat!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tabbies, bengals, siamese, persians, himalayans and for dogs pit bulls, rotties, labs, goldens, hounds, catahoula leopard dogs, mutts and especially shelter dogs and cats.
the list goes on and on.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love all cats...this was hard...Russian Blue was second...but I went with Ike's breed

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't vote either because my favorite breed is Somalis

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always fall in love mixed breed kitties but really feel that all cats are simply breathtaking.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From that list is snowshoe.... I love all kitties,,, big and small

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No 'Gentle Giant' Maine Coons?

I honestly can't decide unless there's a Maine Coon option up there. I love Bengals, Maus and Russians but Coons are my top fav.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats have been considered DSH or DLH, I think Linus may have a bit of Russian Blue in him, and Sassy has the build of something like an Angora or Ragdoll, but couldn't say for sure.
I guess if I was going to go for a pure breed it would most likely be a Russian Blue, Ragdoll or British Shorthair. I like all three breeds quite well.

dauntingfire

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a huge fan of moggie tabbies and black cats as well!
Torties are totally charming too. As for purebred kitties, I would have to say that Scottish Folds and Siamese are my faves with the adorable bobs (Pixie & Japanese) bringing up second place.