Apollo & Aphrodite update

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As some of you know, I received a very special delivery from the kitty fairy on Sunday in the form of 2 adorable little kittens

Well, given that they were feral, it has not been a surprise that they have spent most of their time hiding under the bed
but I have gone in periodically (since I've been off work sick the last 2 days) to check on them and talk to them and yes, even sing to them. Not sure why I think they'll come out for that
but I haven't posted an update, cause there hasn't been anything to report!

until today!
I was walking down the hall today and out of the corner of my eye I saw a little face staring at me from one of the windows in the cat room (the bunkbeds in the room are half in front of the one window) so I backtracked and peered into the semi-darkness and realized it was Aphrodite!!!
so everytime I walked down the hall I would stop and talk tio her for a minute, all she did was stare at me, but she didn't jump down either so that's a good thing
then I decided to turn on the light and Apollo was apparently on the dresser where the food is cause he jumped down and ran under the bed! so they are out and about to a certain extent, now all they have to do is venture out of the cat room. I'm in no hurry though, I've alrteady seen them more in 3 days than I saw of Dionysius for 2 weeks

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are happy to hear that they are starting to get used to everything

Apollo & Aphrodite sound like cute little darlings
: Hope to hear more about how they are doing!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome, Katie!
Honestly, even though A&A were very comfortable with their foster meowmy and me, I'm amazed that they've ventured out already. They must realize that they're in a wonderful, loving home.

If the singing works, keep it up. Told you how I got all gushy with them and some of the silly things I said. Seemed to work.

I did want to repeat my warning about Aphrodite, though. I'd take that staring very seriously if I were you. That pudgy little girl probably thinks you look might tasty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's it! I'm hiding the salt & pepper

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

That's great Katie!!!
Now, was it a "death stare"?
no, it was more of a "if I don't move maybe she won't see me" stare

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Katie that is such fantastic progress in such a short time for those little feral babies.
It must have been your singing

It seems like yesterday we were sending vibes for Eileen to trap them and now they vetted, socialized and home

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

nice to hear,,

heck heyu did not come out for almost a month, lol
Dionysius hid for 2 weeks, a couple times i couldn't even find him!
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Katie, I didn't know you got two new little ones!! Did you post pics??
What's the last one you heard I got Susie? I've probably gotten more than 2 since then
I have't posted pics, but Eileen did
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142122

No kitten spotting today