Help needed

byron_57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With all of this talk about spaying and neutering. I need help here! Does any body who comes to this website could possibly tell me were can I get help in the Central Florida area?

There are there cats aroun my yard, one mother cat, one kitten, and the father. I took one so I will be spaying that one. However the others are probably going to make more next year, and if that happends, I know someone will call animal control eventually and have all of them put to death.

This is not a pretty thing. I have never had to deal with this in my whole entire life. I do not know who are the @#%*#$% who actually took cats and let them run like this on our neighborhood.

Like I said before. If I spay or neuther them, they will have to stay in my home for a while and they may never want to leave. They will start meowing outside and my old
of a neighbor is going to think they are mine and try to kill them.

Every day I am waking up with this in my head.

I wish there was some help out there, but it looks like nobody gives a crap about it!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Byron_57

With all of this talk about spaying and neutering. I need help here! Does any body who comes to this website could possibly tell me were can I get help in the Central Florida area?

There are there cats aroun my yard, one mother cat, one kitten, and the father. I took one so I will be spaying that one. However the others are probably going to make more next year, and if that happends, I know someone will call animal control eventually and have all of them put to death.

This is not a pretty thing. I have never had to deal with this in my whole entire life. I do not know who are the @#%*#$% who actually took cats and let them run like this on our neighborhood.

Like I said before. If I spay or neuther them, they will have to stay in my home for a while and they may never want to leave. They will start meowing outside and my old
of a neighbor is going to think they are mine and try to kill them.

Every day I am waking up with this in my head.

I wish there was some help out there, but it looks like nobody gives a crap about it!

One contact ANIMAL control or the local shelter for tips to help with the neighbor... lol.. MY FAV is HAVING a ARMED SHerriff at there door... SCARES the crap out of them

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

One contact ANIMAL control or the local shelter for tips to help with the neighbor... lol.. MY FAV is HAVING a ARMED SHerriff at there door... SCARES the crap out of them
yup, THAT kind of counseling does work wonders!! It saved me a big chunk of heartache, drama & attorney fees when one of our local deputies did something similar during my grandson's visitation exchange

As for the kitties, please contact AlleyCatAllies for advice and possible links. Also, you could call the local United Methodist Church and see if some of the ladies there have any advice - I know that the UMC's philosophy is that God gave us "stewardship" of His creation, and that our pets were given to us as companionship, so they tend to be very supportive of someone helping the plights of animals. Another Methodist tradition is accepting the fact that God speaks to each of our hearts individually - some of us are called to rescue animals, not just humans, and who knows what great works can come from that?
As an example, I recently took in a lot of feral kittens that the shelter was going to need to put down, and enlisted the help of my disabled friend, who is in a wheelchair. She did a lot of taming; an added plus is that my brain-damaged daughter went over to her place to help out, and the terminally-ill neighbor came over to see the kittens, too; the county-paid housekeeper comes by & VOILA! these normally isolated people are actually socializing AND ARE NEEDED by the community!!
They have met people coming by to check out the kittens (We've placed 3 so far
)
Good luck in your endeavors to help those kitties!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

byron_57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, if I call animal control, I am affraid that they may come to trap them and put them to death.

If I call the police on my neighbor. Well, I have done that before for other things, and it has not worked. He does not appears to be scare of the police. With some people, you call the police, and they end up talking to other neighbors that are as bad, and then they gang up egainst you.

Then, you have a bigger fight.

So in some cases calling the police works, and in others it does not. You have to check out the people around you before you do that.

Or they could olso end up complaining to the animal control, and they instead might come here to capture them.

I already contacted animal control when it comes to spaying and neutering. The one in my town could not help me.

But I will try some of your suggestions, and please keep pasting more just incase these do not work out.

Thanks