TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Afraid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Afraid

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
That's it, the flight to US is on Thursday-Friday... and then in the morning I have the flight to Dallas, but I'm afraid of the weather - my gf said the weather might be bad, 3 flights to Dallas were canceled already, I don't wanna wait in NJ's airport, I wanna be there on Friday, I don't wanna be with my family now, I wanna be with my gf in Dallas... what would I do if my flight in the morning would be canceled? Can I rent a car and drive all the way from Newark to Dallas? it's crazy but I just can't not be in this Saturday without my gf
post #2 of 14
Driving from Newark to Dallas would take several days... even if there were a major delay, the plane would still get you here faster than driving.

So the answer is easy: there's nothing in the world you can do about the weather, so just relax and expect the best!
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia View Post
Driving from Newark to Dallas would take several days... even if there were a major delay, the plane would still get you here faster than driving.

So the answer is easy: there's nothing in the world you can do about the weather, so just relax and expect the best!
Worrying never accomplishes much. DH and I had to change flights to a different airport last minute once because it snowed and if we didn't get to Miami by a certin time, we'd miss our cruise! So I kinda understand where your coming from. But really, expect the best!
post #4 of 14
You can't help mother nature, so your stressing for something that's out of your control.

That's the joys of having a distance relationship as well i'm afraid
post #5 of 14
Nothing has happened yet, so theres no need to worry! Keep checking weather.com so you have an idea of what the weather will be like for your flight.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the comments!

I will wait for the best, checking maybe if the worse to come then I might get a flight instead to TN and from there rent a car and drive the high way but it won't be easy with that weather out there
post #7 of 14
Again, don't assume....that's like if I freaked out about it raining on my wedding day (which is outdoors).

Besides, Texas is a BIG state. Driving from TN would still take you a couple of days. I would try landing in Texas somewhere else, like Austin or Houstin.
post #8 of 14
Good luck with whatever you choose, but I would personally pick the plane. They will keep you safe and get you there much faster. They are great at helping you find another flight and since you are only one person it will be extremely easy for you.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Besides, Texas is a BIG state. Driving from TN would still take you a couple of days. I would try landing in Texas somewhere else, like Austin or Houstin.
If it's possible :\\ but thanks for the tips!
post #10 of 14
From what I see on Weather.com for Newark, they expect to be cloudy most of Thursday night into Friday morning and the chance of T-storms doesnt start till 10am and then it's just a 60% chance, so a 40% chance for having nothing at all. So maybe you'll hit some turbulence crossing the front, but remember, planes fligh high and prepare for that stuff. They do these flights all the time.
post #11 of 14
I just popped over to NOAA.org and entered in Dallas, TX the weather is SUNNY Thursday Friday-Saturday. You should be OK!!
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
From what I see on Weather.com for Newark, they expect to be cloudy most of Thursday night into Friday morning and the chance of T-storms doesnt start till 10am and then it's just a 60% chance, so a 40% chance for having nothing at all. So maybe you'll hit some turbulence crossing the front, but remember, planes fligh high and prepare for that stuff. They do these flights all the time.
Blah it's been super sunny here (40 minutes from Newark Airport).

I doubt you're flying it, but just don't fly Northwest Airlines. You're flight will definitely be canceled.
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
I just popped over to NOAA.org and entered in Dallas, TX the weather is SUNNY Thursday Friday-Saturday. You should be OK!!
Awesome!!

Crossing my fingers...
post #14 of 14
dont worry about thunderstorms...

Last year I got stuck because of a thunderstorm, they grounded all flights and redirected the flights coming in, I had just flown from the UK to the US and I was waiting to get my next flight to VA, We were only delayed an hour, they waited for the storm to pass, then they had to find some extra planes and crew (because the planes that were supposed to come in were redirected away)

I was only delayed for about an hour and a half which was fine (I hadnt seen my husband for 4 months and it was my first ever transatlantic flight) I just tried to stay calm, there were all these crazy business men trying to go get places and they were talking about taking alternative routes that were adding 5 hours to there trip, if they had just waited like I had they would have been at there destination in no time at all.

So I say fly your original plans, and cross your fingers and everything will be fine!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Afraid