Is this week over yet?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Please bear with me, I need to vent a little.

Tomorrow is the deadline for me to send my application to get government funding for my M.A. research project. I've been working on this for weeks but somehow it feels like I'm still doing everything at the last minute.

I still don't know if I'll get my university transcript in time to send tomorrow... so all my work might amount to nothing if they refuse my application because my transcript is late.

Today at work, I was feeling really tense because of all this, and I was waiting for my former university prof to get back to me with comments on my application. I knew he's always reliable, but I just couldn't relax until I got his comments.
I couldn't even keep myself distracted with work because there was nothing for me to do at work. And I couldn't vent to my co-workers because I don't want my boss to know I'll be leaving them next year to go to school.

Oh, and yesterday at work, one of our client called to complain that he didn't receive his package in time. I spent almost an hour on the phone with UPS and finally figured out what happened - the UPS truck was late and the packaged missed the flight.
Then the client "thanked" me for investigating this by yelling at me over the phone that it was unacceptable that his package was late. Why couldn't he understand that I DON'T work for UPS and it wasn't my fault.

Also, my apartment is a
mess. The dirty dishes in the sink smell funny now, the floor needs to be vacuumed and mopped and there's stuff lying around that needs to be put away.

And on top of all that, I'm sick. My throat is really scratchy and I can't stop coughing.

I still have a bit of work to do on my application tonight.

Can someone please put me out of my misery?

I try to think positive thoughts (I AM very excited about my MA project, and so is the prof who agreed to supervise me) but right now all I want is to take a bath, get into my pyjamas, have some hot chocolate, turn on some cartoons and fall asleep in front of the TV. I really don't want to have any work to do

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all, give yourself a big congratulations for having come almost all the way on the work!
That's amazing.

Then, feed Kinah and Joshua if you haven't yet, and give 'em some scritches.
Purring is a wonderful mood enhancer and healer!

Then, get yourself a big cup of hot tea -- mint tea with honey and cinnamon is my favorite for sore throats, but any tea will be soothing.

Then, get the work done.

THEN, take that hot bath and get yourself something good to eat, curl up with those sweet cats, and have some R&R time!

It'll all look a lot better in the morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

First of all, give yourself a big congratulations for having come almost all the way on the work!
That's amazing.

Then, feed Kinah and Joshua if you haven't yet, and give 'em some scritches.
Purring is a wonderful mood enhancer and healer!

Then, get yourself a big cup of hot tea -- mint tea with honey and cinnamon is my favorite for sore throats, but any tea will be soothing.

Then, get the work done.

THEN, take that hot bath and get yourself something good to eat, curl up with those sweet cats, and have some R&R time!

It'll all look a lot better in the morning.
Thanks.

I'm feeling better already. I went through my project description one more time and I think it's good now. I've entered it online and submitted my online application. I'll take another quick look at it tomorrow morning, but I think it's basically done. I still keep worrying that it might not be good enough, but I did all I could. Now I just have to wait until the Spring to find out if it's accepted.

So now I can either be good and do my dishes, or be lazy and relax.

Oh, what the heck. I'll do the dishes tomorrow. I think it's cat-snuggling time.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sending lots and lots of hugs.

Things look better in the morning after you have snuggled with the kitties.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! You know, sometimes the only thing that gets me through a week like yours is thinking about how long life is and that one week is only a 1/1000th of your life and in about a month you will forget about how aweful that week really was.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Oh my goodness! You know, sometimes the only thing that gets me through a week like yours is thinking about how long life is and that one week is only a 1/1000th of your life and in about a month you will forget about how aweful that week really was.
That's a good way to look at it.

So this morning I'm even sicker than last night.

I had sent an email to one of my friend complaining about the whole thing and his reply was something like "well, you had all year to do this. why did you wait at the last minute?"
Thanks buddy. That helps a lot

I've been up for 5 minutes and already I want to go back to bed.