I moved out

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I moved out of my house today when I found a little kitten and it needed me he told me to throw it out the window and so I went to my house got Tavia and Lilly and moved in with my aunt and so that's where I am staying along with my new kitten Salem who is a solid black kitten that is 7 and 1/2 weeks and has green eyes. I saw him and I knew he was supposed to be mine. And then my dad cussed me today and last night and I decided I had enough. The problem is Tavia is now here at my aunts house hiding under the bed and I am not sure how to help her. But the move is temporary until I find my own place. I couldn't take Macy as she is not techinaclly my dog. But atleast I have Lilly and I don't have to worry about her being thrown outside or him fussing about Tavia and her clawing stuff. And as soon as I get my own place I am throwing a little party. I just feel so much better.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending hugs, prayers and vibes of support & to find your own place soon You are a true cat hero to stand firm to your beliefs and not abandon a helpless kitten
Please keep us updated!
Tavia is showing normal cat behavior at the sudden move. Maybe some Feliway, if you can get it. Also, some time alone to adjust might be helpful to her

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all the stress, I wouldn't worry too much about the kitten. Just keep him/her in your room till you can move. Feels like a weight off your shoulders now doesn't it

Please don't fall into the "pity poor me" trap that your dad might do to you to get you to come back. Be strong. And you will make it - might be a little tough at first, but don't forget that you do have friends

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Tavia is hiding under the bead and I have food out for her and water and her litter pan I just hope she will come out and use it. I got my babies before I even got my clothes. I still have to go get my clothes. My sister is emailing me telling me how mean I am. But I just can't take it anymore.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well you be strong and stick to what you believe is right.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be strong and stay strong. NO ONE deserves to be treated the way you were by him and your sister.

I wish you the VERY best - and big time kudos to you for getting out of that situation.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister sent me a message telling me how I will never make it in the real world and how horrible I am for leaving my dad and I feel awful but I know in the long run it will probably be for the best.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

My sister sent me a message telling me how I will never make it in the real world and how horrible I am for leaving my dad and I feel awful but I know in the long run it will probably be for the best.
Never ever. I was told the same thing and how I'm as far in my life as I ever will be and blah blah blah. I've done and achieved more things than my dad ever did in his 48 years here.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!

By the sounds of it you were living under horrid conditions.I think it was you who said you don't have a door on your bedroom or the bathroom?

No one deserves the abuse he was throwing your way.

I'll bet anything that in a few days when he realizes that he has to do his own cooking and cleaning now that he will be begging you to go back there. Please be strong and don't.

Sending you lots of hugs and positive energy.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even have friends over there without them being rude to them and making fun of them and I am just sick of it I gotta go get my clothes and my cds tomorrow and my tv and such as soon as possible. I am just scared right now I hope I can make it. I just really need some prayers right now. My poor Tavia is so scared and Lilly is too. And Salem is right by me so atleast he is adjusting.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry, but your sister sounds like an abuser herself. Just ignore what she says. While we can't pick our relatives, we can certain pick how we choose to interact and feel about them. Just because they are our relatives doesn't mean we have to like them.

She and your dad should be ashamed of themselves for the way they treat you.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I can't even have friends over there without them being rude to them and making fun of them and I am just sick of it I gotta go get my clothes and my cds tomorrow and my tv and such as soon as possible. I am just scared right now I hope I can make it. I just really need some prayers right now. My poor Tavia is so scared and Lilly is too. And Salem is right by me so atleast he is adjusting.
If you are afraid, take someone with you. In fact I would recommend that because I suspect your Dad is probably going to make a scene and try and stop you from taking stuff claiming it is his etc.

Also, your kitties will adjust. It's just a new place and they need some time to get used to everything.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am going to take a friend to help me pack my clothes and cds and such up and then later on I will get my TV I guess. I don't know when. I am just playing it by ear.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you!
We all know you can do this, so don't get discouraged and don't let your dad and sister guilt trip you.

You know you have a huge support system in place here at TCS if/when things start to get overwhelming.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Holy cow I would take a picture of yourself flicking off the camera and send it to her.

She's just jealous because you're out of the horrible home and she's not.

Congratulations on your first step towards a new life. You'll LOVE it. Are you sure you want to name the cat Salem? Perhaps Destiny would be more fitting.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

First, good for you for making the decision to move out. I just wanted to wish you luck. Hopefully, you'll find your own place soon. You may struggle for a while but it's always a good feeling to stand on your own two feet. Despite what your sister said you have to do what is best for YOU. I know that I couldn't live beneath the same roof as someone who is verbally abusive and controlling. Your sister seems no better than your father. You did the right thing, both for you and your pets.

Tavia will be fine. She is now at a place that is strange for her and it will take her some time to adjust.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been out for years and she still controls it. I have been trapped there and I guess I finally got enough. I feel so horrible for leaving my dad but I know I have to do this. If I don't then I will never be able to be on my own. And right now I can't even cuss without being called down nor can I smoke or drink but yet its okay for my sister to do it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abusers are master of "the guilt trip"! I'd take a friend too when going to get the rest of your stuff. Just ignore anything they say.

I highly recommend you go to the local library and get this book to help you (it helped me a lot in knowing what verbal abuse was and how to deal with things). Abuse Survivors Speak Out by Patricia Evans. It saved my life and my son's and got us out of the abuse.