Kitty doesn't like.......what else to use?

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our newly adopted kitty Callie (6 month old spayed female) does not like and backs off of Cat-Nip. Wonder Why?

Also I have given Abby (6yr) that hairball paste (from that tube, can't recall the name of it) for years. He loves it and he is the pickiest thing.

Now Callie who will eat anything, won't have any part of the hairball paste. I have tried several brands and won't touch any of it.

Abby has thrown up a hairball about maybe once a month. I have not seen or found a hairball since we have gotten Callie (about 4 weeks ago). So that means that neither one of them have thrown one up.

What else would be good for hairballs that Callie might like?

Thanks.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try Vetbasis Hairball Gel. My cats like the flavor (chicken) and I like it because it doesn't contain petroleum (as most hairball products do). It contains good ingredients like taurine and vitamins.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

Try Vetbasis Hairball Gel. My cats like the flavor (chicken) and I like it because it doesn't contain petroleum (as most hairball products do). It contains good ingredients like taurine and vitamins.
or squash , pumpkin , slippery elm

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KTLynn

Vetbasis just came out with a second flavor - salmon. I haven't seen the ingredients list yet, but would think it's the same good ingredients (and NO sugars...vetbasis is great for diabetic kitties)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not all cats respond or like catnip - nothing unusual.

As far as something for hairballs - you can try plain butter/margerine twice a week. Most cats like butter
Just give a small amount.