My cat's rump has too much hair, and ...

asntp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat's rump has too much hair, and often times stuff stick to it after he uses the litter. He doesn't clean himself right away. What can I do about this?

squatting puma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well if you can get him to stay still for a second I've actually trimmed hairs around it with some scissors before (with my older cats that have passed on) and it works quite well.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have to trim down our cat Snowballs bum hair...we do it with a facial hair trimmer, he doesn't like it much but it must be done! Doing that seems to help him a lot

raggiekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
yep, we have to trim too....
My girl has long hair and it makes a mess on her "bloomers". I get tired of chasing her down to wipe it and she gets tired of me doing it....so that's always sign that it's time for a trim.
I hold her down and hubby uses little hair shears and trims. She doesn't protest "too awful much"
but she does always look for her treats afterwards....
It really does make life easier for a while.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOu can take him to a groomer and ask for a sanitary shave. They will trim/shave around the butt etc. It will be much easier for your cat to keep himself clean.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, it's known as the "Butt Cutt" in my house. DH picks up Stanley and distracts the front end, I trim the back end as quickly and carefully as I can. Usually I just need to trim off the bloomers.

itzsue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Had the same problem.. Bought a "Furminator". This tool is AMAZING!!! It's expensive. I paid $40 for it in Petco. I see it now on EBAY from $9 to -$12 brand new. You will love the Furminator for just more than rump hairs. It will cut your shedding down 90%.