Sphynx cats on craigslist.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too, look at the earmites on teh cat on the left in the picture! I wonder where they got them from, makes you wonder if the breeder would like them back... Plus you know that the post will get flagged bc you can't sell animals on craigslist.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure why they need to rehome the cats but I don't see anything wrong with the ad. The rules are a bit ambiguous. When I searched Craig's list it says sale of pets/animals not allowed but animal adoption with small adoption fee is OK. I think it's better to try to find them a home rather then take them to a shelter right away. Now the ear mites... I don't know. The owner should be doing something to get that treated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Not sure why they need to rehome the cats but I don't see anything wrong with the ad. The rules are a bit ambiguous. When I searched Craig's list it says sale of pets/animals not allowed but animal adoption with small adoption fee is OK. I think it's better to try to find them a home rather then take them to a shelter right away. Now the ear mites... I don't know. The owner should be doing something to get that treated.
Yes but they are selling them, not asking a small adoption fee. Why would you get rid of cat that are not only rare and harder to find, but that you paid so much money for? I mean it happens all the time, I know.... stupid people.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Yes but they are selling them, not asking a small adoption fee. Why would you get rid of cat that are not only rare and harder to find, but that you paid so much money for? I mean it happens all the time, I know.... stupid people.
I personally don't think they are hard to find, and yes, I have one. And who knows if they did pay money or not, maybe they got it from a friend, or for a discount, or maybe they did pay a thousand or so. But as you know money doesn't mean much to people, it has different value to everyone; animals are animals, a life is a life regardless of the amount invested or paid.

Free animals found in dumpsters are cherished just as much by humans as CH. thousand dollar show cats, sometimes even more.
Just depends on the people.