I found out something very interesting

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom and I were talking the other day about Nathan and his diagnosis of Dandy Walker Syndrome. Then she mentioned Jonathan (he is my baby cousin who was stillborn in 1993). My mom said that it is likely that Jonathan had a more severe form of the syndrome because of the similarities between Nathan and Jonathan and also that my aunt found out that she carries the trait. She did not know that til just recently. I did not know any of this until now because I was young when Jonathan was stillborn.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm. That could very well be. Is that something you could possibly be a carrier for also? If it is, I'd see if you can find out now.

Everyone in DH's family was tested a couple years ago when his sister came down with a genetic condition in her liver. Turns out his Mother was the carrier, but did not pass that on to DH, so now we don't worry about passing it on to our kids or anything like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I very well could also carry the trait since it probably came from one of my grandparents. I will more than likey have genetic counseling before I decide to have children.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

I very well could also carry the trait since it probably came from one of my grandparents. I will more than likey have genetic counseling before I decide to have children.
All DH had to do was get a simple blood test and tell them specifically what to look for. His sister's doctor gave them a sheet with it on there to give to their doctors. I hope that you aren't a carrier.