Vibes/prayers needed for missing cats

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everybody,
I need to request some major TCS vibes/prayers for a couple of missing littermates, recently adopted from the rescue group I used to volunteer with.

Mikey and Misty, who are about 1-year-old, were adopted on 9/22 by some folks who appeared to very caring and responsible. I'm not sure of all the details, but apparently they were abandoned a couple of days ago and haven't been seen since. To make things even worse, Mikey and Misty were declawed by their previous owners, who abandoned them at a local Petsmart. Needless to say everyone is very concerned about these two, especially considering that they're completely defenses. From the email I received, it sounds like the rescue is getting a lot of help from the neighbors and local animal control. They've set traps for the past couple of days, but no luck.

Please send all the vibes/prayers that you can that Mikey and Misty stay safe and that they're found soon. It tears me up knowing that these two sweeties have now been abandoned twice.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Please send all the vibes/prayers that you can that Mikey and Misty stay safe and that they're found soon. It tears me up knowing that these two sweeties have now been abandoned twice.
This is not just tragic, it a crime.

Mikey and Misty will remain in my prayers until they are found Eileen.

Those poor innocent kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much, guys. We're very worried about Mikey and Misty. Just got another email saying that the owners actually admitted to animal control that they dumped them. Animal abandonment is illegal in the state where the owners live, so AC and the rescue are hoping to pursue charges against them. These folks also violated a verbal agreement with the rescue (binding in our state) to return the cats to them.

Personally, I don't care about any of this for the moment. I'd love to see these folks charged, but I'm more concerned about finding the cats. Please keep the vibes/prayers coming. Thanks.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Any news yet??

Lots of for those sweet babies to be found and rescued. Those people should be shot
Just got an update a bit ago. Still no sign of the kittens. One of the neighbors is running the traps and has caught 2 possums, a racoon and a neighborhood cat, but not the kitties we've been hoping for.

Please keep the prayers coming, everybody. We're hoping Misty and Mikey are safe and that some kind soul has taken them in. I hate the thought of them being out there on their own.

jil05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How horrible!
Some people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me...I am praying that Mikey and Misty are found soon! Keep us posted.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Eileen I have just seen this post ........
sending many prayers for these litttle cats

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for all the prayers for these two sweeties, everyone. Sorry for not posting an update sooner, but I just received some news about them today. Apparently, both cats have been spotted in the past week, not far from where they were dumped. Efforts to trap/rescue them are underway. AC is still planning to charge the owners, but they've since retained a lawyer. What idiots!

Please keep the prayers coming for Mikey and Misty. The group that was fostering them, AC and the neighbors are all working together to try trap/rescue them. Everyone is very concerned about the kitties and wants to see them safe.

Thanks so much!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending {{{{MEGA rescue prayers and vibes}}}} out to Mikey and Misty
Thank you for the update - it is good to know that they are alive and that they may find their true families yet