Expensive little monkeys, aren't they?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have almost $600 on my credit card in cat food!
That's just in one month!

$70 for 2 - 15 lb bags of Fromms
$20 for a 6 lb bag of Cal Nat
$15 for Fromms canned
$25 for a case of by Nature Beef
$100 of Meow Mix, Friskies, & Fancy Feast in Wal Mart
$300 on dry farm cat food
$50 on various wets to try

I am out of dry food for Ophelia, & have no kitten food for PJ & Punky. That's another $50 or more.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ryan's diet is mostly canned food with some dry for crunchiness (the dry is special diabetic food). He through about 10 cans in 2 weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have to remember, I have 15 cats. And 8 of them are still eating barf like Purina.
Imagine what the cost will be once I get them on higher quality!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY LAND WCL!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to goodness that money tree out back is still producing this late in the season, mine's looking pretty sad! How many dang cats are you feeding?! A small shelter!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

OH MY LAND WCL!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to goodness that money tree out back is still producing this late in the season, mine's looking pretty sad! How many dang cats are you feeding?! A small shelter!
I don't feed anyone at the shelter, well, just PJ & Punky my fosters.
Mom & dad feed most of the cats, as they are the reason the cats are alive/were born.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So around $40 per cat? That is a bit high for some of the brands you're using. I suggest you really start paying attention to sales and collecting coupons.
I feed some friskies to the outdoor cats and know that it's usually one of the easy brands to find some coupons and sales on.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's not just one month's worth of food, I've got a bit stocked up of some of them things, etc. One 15 lb. bag of Fromms will last me 2 months, but I have to either order it or drive 3 hours, well I was near the store, so I got 2 bags. Things like that. Since I'm in the boonies, I buy well ahead on things that I can whenever I have the chance to get them. Otherwise, shipping kills me!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! My boss feeds something like 20-25 cats. I don't think she spends that much though. Her kitties get Iams (inside) and Special Kitty (outside kitties). Hers even get canned daily too (I think she said that is SK loaf).

I consider myself lucky that my cats don't like the expensive stuff.
The best they will do is Natural Balance and Nutro. Although lately Raven has me spending on FF Medleys which add up quickly.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I figure I am stocked for awhile now....Ophelia's easy to do....I can get a 15 lb bag & it will last her like 3+ months. PJ & Punky eat like horses though....they're my most $$ ones, going through 2-3 cups of dry a day & 1-2 five oz cans of wet a day.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Nat!
Thats a lot! I couldn't afford to live if I had to pay that much!

Your so special for caring for all of them