Skinny and throwing up!?!?!?

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My moms cat is a 4 year old tuxedo. Recently she said he has been acting funny, and looking skinny. She said at least once a day he is throwing up a clear liquid. . . any ideas??? He is the friendliest cat ever, and lately he has been a little jumpy. Just not himself. . .

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first thought would be worms, but only a vet visit can tell you for sure! Has he been wormed lately?

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a vet check is definitely in order and possibly a blood test. It could be any one of many things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He has not recently that I know of, but I am not usually there to know. . . I will ask her. .. I might take him tomorrow while she is at work.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be anything. The cat needs to be seen by the vet and have a thorough check up. Losing weight and throwing up is not a good sign.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

It could be anything. The cat needs to be seen by the vet and have a thorough check up. Losing weight and throwing up is not a good sign.
Exactly... If the last vet visit was a yr or more ago ... i would ask for basic blood work , fecal and urine tests