Kojak my dear, that "thing" your attacking is your tail...and it is attached to you!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor goofy Kojak. He's not always the brightest crayon in the box
He was sitting in the living room floor a minute ago when his tail twiched and he saw it out of the corner of his eye. His immediate response was to turn sideways and pounce it as hard as he could while biting down
He then look insulted when he realized that something bit him

Would someone please tell my kitty that the horrid "thing" he's trying soo desperately to attack is called a tail, and it's attached to his body. It hurts when you bite yourself

He's my special kitty

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Harley does the same thing! And, he isn't really stupid...I mean, he learned how to turn the water on in the bathroom, but when it comes to attacking something, it doesn't matter if it is attached to him or not! He's the only cat I have ever seen that would actually chase his own tail. I always thought that was a dog thing.....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey too ... is a member of the ohhh what a nice tail toy club

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

Tiki does that. Sometimes she is a bit spastic and will just jump and run out of the room from nothing.... just don't understand...
Noodles too! It's been a while since she's chased her tail, but the neurotic twitch and run thing she does quite regularly.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Salem, who is 5 years old - still is a member of the tail chasing club. Often times she will be going up the step s and see it. So she chases her tail in circles on the steps. Quite hilarious.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hey, if i had a tail i would chase it also, looks fun.
my RB kitty used to do that and would look like a blurr ahhaha. eazy does it also, but not as fast.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny has been known to attack and bite his own back legs! It's rather interesting to see him somersaulting all over the carpet, trying to get those elusive furry things....

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dog got that from my cats. He'll twitch his tail then pounce and bite it.
But now that he's started the cats have stopped. Maybe they thought it was too juvenile for them since the dog was doing it...

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL ... Winston does this too haha.

The only difference is he does it on top of his pet hotel which is about the size of a dinner plate around. a 6 lb kitten chasing his tail on something the size of a dinner plate is not the most dignified thing in the world lol

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Poor goofy Kojak. He's not always the brightest crayon in the box
He was sitting in the living room floor a minute ago when his tail twiched and he saw it out of the corner of his eye. His immediate response was to turn sideways and pounce it as hard as he could while biting down
He then look insulted when he realized that something bit him

Would someone please tell my kitty that the horrid "thing" he's trying soo desperately to attack is called a tail, and it's attached to his body. It hurts when you bite yourself

He's my special kitty
Duke does this often too.

Mostly on top of the condo.... only to fall off and look at me (10ft away from him) like I was the one who pushed him off

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad my kitty's not the only tail chasing weirdo around these parts
It was soooo funny to see the look on his face when he realized something "bit" him
It was funny too because we're not talking a little love bite- he bit down HARD
My poor special kitty!

Our Australian Shepherd likes to chase his little stub of a tail too
I get the best laughs from watching Fosters and Kojak act like goofballs!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, Darcy was chasing her tail the other day for the better part of 30min. The worst part is, about every 5min she would be turning round and smack her head on her scratching post. They she would stop, look confused, see her tail twitch and start all over again.

I was laughing sooo hard...that is, until she tried climbing the screen door using her claws.

frisk

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hehe.

Frisco likes to attack his too, he knows it's attached to him, he's just a little nut.

okuda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Winston reminded me of this thread tonight and I managed to catch him on camera haha

You can see it here:
Just as I turned the camera off he started doing head over heals chasing it! I wish I had caught that too lol.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just going to do a post on this subject several days ago. Snickers seems to have a hate, hate relationship with her tail. I was in the bathroom doing my hair and she was in the tub chasing her tail. She looked so agitated and offended at that "horrid" thing that won't leave her alone. She is constantly after it. Dang thing won't do what she wants, I guess.