Google Earth

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Google Earth

This is a great download.
I have been "flying" all over the world with this. Type in a location and you fly there. You can come down as close as you want and there are pictures to click on or links to Wikipedia to tell you about what you are looking at.
I've been in Tibet looking at Taktsang Monastery today, one of many this afternoon.

You can bookmark spots, go to Google Maps with the location, or see the night sky of this location.

One more way to burn away hours of your life.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've also lost quite a few hours to it myself. For some reason though when you put in my address, it comes up with my next door neighbors house.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im going to wait to download it to my PC instead of the laptop .......

Karen thats what happens to me with all of those interactive maps, this house and the house before us is/was actually showing a neighbors house

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had google earth for a while now. I can see my house and my nextdoor neighbour had an extention built 3 years ago, but it hasn't been updated yet because it's still showing his house before it was done.

It's great though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been on another forum, they have a Google Maps Scavenger Hunt, they post an image from Google Maps and give a few obscure hints and you have to find it. It can be addicting. It's easier to find things in Google Earth and then display it on Google Maps.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh it's awesome! I found the site where they still have Hobbiton in New Zealand!
I even marked my parent's place, lol, that was how I found out that they got rid of their old RV!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hobbiton is still in NZ - it is now a tourist site.

I love love love google earth - it is SO much fun!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOOOOOVE Google Earth! And I just updated my version so now I can see the sky too! I love astronomy so it's helping me learn consetllations and it even shows you where planets are and you can sort of set them in motion on there! It's awesome!!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacyD1987

Oh it's awesome! I found the site where they still have Hobbiton in New Zealand!
I even marked my parent's place, lol, that was how I found out that they got rid of their old RV!
What did you search for to find "Hobbiton"? I tried that and end up some place in Minneapolis, MN.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One day, I actually followed my path going to work, on Google Earth. I can see my apartment Bldg, as well as my car, in the parking lot. It's very cool. I like to zoom all the way out from where I live until you can basically see the map.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

What did you search for to find "Hobbiton"? I tried that and end up some place in Minneapolis, MN.
I got the directions from some site. Maybe I can PM you the coordinates.