brrrr winter is here

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's 59F here right now... which doesn't seem that cold, but it's cold! We live in an apartment building with steam heat (which they control) and it is not on... BF and I have bundled up, we are soooooo cold!

brokenmasochist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its 55F here today. I love winter, so it feels nice to me. I was tierd of all the heat of the summer. We live in an upstairs apartment, and the heat rises from our neighbors downstairs, so luckily we havent had to turn on the heat yet.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The temperatures have dropped off here and I have all my winter clothes out now... what is the temp where you are?
Eithne, do you find it that bad? Its 12 degrees

I am alright with it..for now

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure exactly what the temp is right now but it's supposed to reach 82°F today.
After having the hottest Summer on record (29 days of temperatures 110°F or higher) I'm loving it!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's 55 degrees here right now, and it's very pleasant
but the temps have really been dropping at night, I've had to turn my heat on already... not for me though, for the kitties

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The days here are the high 50's to around 60. The nights are getting down into the mid 30's. We had frost last night and we're supposed to have it tonight too. I can tell it's getting cold at night because when I wake up, I have three cats plastered to me to keep warm, lol!

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have had the same. 50's during the day, and 40's at night. i knew it was cold last night when i didnt turn the heat on, and i havd 4 cats with chilly ears wanting to snuggle under the blanket,lol.

I am the type that normally dosent chill easy, and likes it ice cold when i sleep ( stems from having asthma). but since i have been sick with the gallbladder thing, i got cold last night,lol.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right this second the temp is 73 in the shade. Nights have been down in the 40s and 50s for the past several days. I tell ya tho the cold weather just snuck up on me this year. Tho with the cooler weather I have noticed the cats eating more, more playful and generally more around the family.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been colder here this week, getting into the 40-50's at night. Too cold for me, even though I'm a born & bred Jersey girl living in the south now! (Rob doesnt believe me that northern cold there is different from the wet southern cold here...)

It's 74º out now, and feels beautiful though. If it could be a constant temp like this, I'd be perfect!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its about 60* here today & sunny - so its not cold out today- but it has been in the 50s!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It was nice out today, but now that night is falling, it's getting cold. I'm rushing to find/warm the rice bags & make more for the farm kitties. Don't want them getting too cold!

shopcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another Floridian here...yep, we're still sweatin our butts off, praying for that first cold front.
The heat isn't as intense but it is still there, still hot.
What I wouldn't do for a vacation up in PA right now...sigh

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

It was nice out today, but now that night is falling, it's getting cold. I'm rushing to find/warm the rice bags & make more for the farm kitties. Don't want them getting too cold!
Awww, keeping them warm!

Tell those angels to come inside where its warmer!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*Moves bathroom heater closer & snuggles Ophelia closer* Florida....warth....

My nose is running(from crying & from cold), & I'm drinking hot chocolate!

ETA: I want to bring them all in Kenz, I really do. Esp. Molly in her "condition". We're all working up some toasty rice bags, that'll hopefully help!