vitamens??

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all,Macho is losing a lot of hair and i guess that's fine because of the heat, i try to brush his fur every day and once a week with the furmenator , i talked to the vet about that and he said that Macho needs some vitamens but they're not available right now ( he call himslef a vet
) it's been a while since he told me that and still no vitamens!! i didn't care about getting them anyways until i saw one of his whiskers on the floor today!!
sadly the food quality here isn't that good either!! i feed him fancy feast and royal canin (not a premium food huh
)
i really don't know what to do and the vets here are not that efficient

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Royal canin IS PREMIUM food ... which kind are you using???

he should be getting enough vitamins ans minerals... where are you may i ask??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Royal canin IS PREMIUM food ... which kind are you using???

he should be getting enough vitamins ans minerals... where are you may i ask??
I'm using royal canin Persian 30 the vet had told me about it because it has an anti-hairball formula

I'm living in Saudi Arabia ,, by the way i saw Iams wet food the other day should i switch to it?

Thanx in advance

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you may have a food allergy which may be hard for me to recommend as I am not familiar with brands where you are ... IAMS generally is lower quality than RC but to feed any wet is better than NO wet

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
THANX a lot SHARKY

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The supplement your vet was recommending may have been omega 3 fatty acids. You can find pure fish or salmon oil in health food stores, available in both liquid in capsule forms. You can safely add these to your feeding regimen. They have been known to reduce shedding.

Here are some guidelines:

cats 8-13lbs, daily dose:
DHA 120mg
EPA 180mg

You may be able to find a product labeled specifically for cats & willing to ship to you online.

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyTales

The supplement your vet was recommending may have been omega 3 fatty acids. You can find pure fish or salmon oil in health food stores, available in both liquid in capsule forms. You can safely add these to your feeding regimen. They have been known to reduce shedding.

Here are some guidelines:

cats 8-13lbs, daily dose:
DHA 120mg
EPA 180mg

You may be able to find a product labeled specifically for cats & willing to ship to you online.
pure fish oil sounds really good! i think i can manage to get some for Macho
thanx a lot KittyTales

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with kittyTales. One of my dogs has pretty severe skin allergies, and I give him fish oil capsules daily. It really helps a lot.

kittytales

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're welcome, hope it helps! Just make sure you get the Salmon or Fish BODY oil, NOT Cod Liver oil.

dalloo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i got fish body oil from GNC yesterday , and WE started taking it today
<<i need some of these omega-3 too LOL

thanx all

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyTales

You're welcome, hope it helps! Just make sure you get the Salmon or Fish BODY oil, NOT Cod Liver oil.
just curious - why do you say "NOT Cod Liver oil"?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

just curious - why do you say "NOT Cod Liver oil"?
that is a great debate
.... cod liver is RICH in vitamin A and if over done could cause overdose and major issues... I have safely used it for many different animals over the yrs but now salmon oil which is safer is readily avail... I dont do "fish oil" unless the fish are named

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

that is a great debate
.... cod liver is RICH in vitamin A and if over done could cause overdose and major issues... I have safely used it for many different animals over the yrs but now salmon oil which is safer is readily avail... I dont do "fish oil" unless the fish are named
good advice - I'll remember and heed - I might have some Salmon gel caps - could poke a hole in one and use that (?)