Got a six month old from shelter.

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm blending my new kitten with my middle-aged cats, and just discovered this forum. Looks like a nice place.

James Bond is a ten year old Norwegian Forest Cat mix I got from rescue when he was a kitten, and he is not too sure about the benefits of having his own kitten (which is what we told him. We got the kitten for him!) since the kitten doesn't know ANYTHING, according to Mr. Bond.

Smokepuff (Puffy) is twelve, some kind of Tiffany/Chantilly given to me by as a kitten because he was too timid to get a home any other way. He's still terribly shy, but a sweet little fellow. We needed a kitten who was mellow enough to let Puffy be himself. The kitten has already learned he's not supposed to touch Puffy, so he doesn't. But he figured out that if he does all kinds of Ninja moves all over Puffy without touching him, Puffy gets confused instead of upset, and it makes us laugh.

Dear Husband and I are enjoying Reverend Jim, which is what we named the kitten. He was awfully thin and went through a spell of the Shelter Syndrome, with upper respiratory and runny eyes, but he's all better now, neutered, and learning new things every day. He'd spent at least two months in cages, and was being held as evidence in a police case, but I managed to get him sprung and bring him home for the love he badly needed.

He didn't know how to play! That's how deprived he was. But now he's gotten into his toys with great gusto and is managing his litter box duties very well. He's (mostly) sleeping through the night.

He's some kind of Maine Coon mix, with very long hair in his ears and paws the size of a Chunky chocolate bar. So he will get very big, we think, and be a good companion for Mr. Bond. Puffy is not very social.

We did get the kitten for Mr. Bond, honest!

I haven't figured out how to put pictures in or fancy up my signature yet, but anyone interested can see pics of my cats at this link:

http://wayofcats.blogspot.com/

It's a blog I started so friends and relatives can keep tabs on the kitten's progress without me messing with attachments, which are kind of tricky with all the spams and viruses going around.

Fellow cat lovers are welcome too!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS!

So glad you've joined us!
We are a wonderful community of cat lovers.
I truly hope you enjoy your time here with us!

I sent a private message to you about how to post pictures and some signature help too.

As you learn your way around our site,
if you have questions, I would be happy to help you.
Feel free to contact me by clicking on my user name,
then send me a Private Message.
I will get back to you asap.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS!
We are so glad you have joined us!

If I can help you with any questions you have about the site, please click on my username and send me a message.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to the forum. You have an interesting web site for your kitties.

squatting puma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Werebear

But he figured out that if he does all kinds of Ninja moves all over Puffy without touching him, Puffy gets confused instead of upset, and it makes us laugh.
I liked that part

I don't think anyone else in this thread actually read your story, but I liked it!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I
this site!

I liked the Ninja part, too and I read the whole thing!

Do you ever call Bond 007?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous furfamily to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many Greetings from the Cat Site!

All your kitties sound like cuties! Look forward to hearing more about your cats

Best Wishes to all of you! Enjoy the forums

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's Reverend Jim, the new arrival:

His first night in his new home! He was being held as evidence in a police case, and had bounced around three shelters before I found him. He looks very happy here, but of course his adventure wasn't over when I found him. I had to call the police department to get him sprung, and over a Labor Day weekend, yet! Of course this led to his first nickname, "The Fugitive."

They gave him a dose of worming medicine before we left the shelter, which was an hour away from my home. We live in a very rural area, and I looked at two dozen kittens before this one got his paw on my heart. So I'm halfway home with him behaving in his carrier, when the wailing started. I've got him secured in the back seat, being alone, and there was nothing I could do when the stench started filling the car... except roll down the windows. I risked a glance back and the mess was at one end of the carrier and he was at the other, so I figured it just meant he cared about doing it in the litter box, and that was a good thing.

So ten minutes from home, a deer jumped out in front of me. I avoided it, but this rolled the carrier around somewhat. Uh huh. When I arrived home, the nice downstairs neighbors were all eager to see the new kitten, but he really wasn't presentable!

He cleaned up nice, though. Such a darling!

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In response to an earlier question, we don't call him 007. We call him MISTER Bond.

Here he is:

And a magnificent boy he is.

I used to frequent a pet shop a couple of times a week to get mealworms for the lizard, (not much of a pet, but must-see Cat TV, ya know) and someone dropped off a box with kittens in it. They had set up a cage for the four kittens to get them homes. Three littermates went quickly, but this little guy languished there. I asked about him, and they said he was more feral and shy than the others, no one could hold him.

Well, I knew he wouldn't have a chance unless someone tried to tame him, so I took him out, squirming madly, and managed to make eye contact and send some slow blinks his way. He picked up on the friendly message I was sending within about ten minutes, and a while later I came back to show the cashier how sweetly he was laying in my arms. She was thrilled, and tried to take him from me.

Wasn't happening. I had tripped his I Have Found My Person switch. So there was nothing else to do but bring him home, and since he had BONDED so firmly to me, we named him James Bond.

werebear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is Smokepuff, known as Puffy:

He's actually got a heart of soft butter, though you can't tell from the picture. He takes horrible pictures, because he's mega-shy.

I used to work cat rescue, and had a complete meltdown of my former life, resulting in me having to outplace most of my cats. I wound up with my five Most Unlikely To Make It In Another Home cats, (basically, the really old, and the really shy) and now, several years later, all that's left of that bunch are James Bond, who really can't bond with anyone else (it took four years for him to be buddies with my husband, to give you an idea) and Puffy, who is way too shy to make changes. He doesn't do change.

He is, however, hilarious.