Weekend thread - Oct 13th & 14th

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What's everyone up to this weekend?

It's a sunny cool clear day here and I have spent the morning putting the vegetable garden to bed for winter. I still have the front part to do. I think I am taking a break from the vegetables and heading out into one of the flower gardens for change.

My nephew is coming over for dinner later and to to watch the Red Sox game. Pasta with clams, salad and garlic bread are on the menu.

One of my husband's friends may be coming by tomorrow for lunch.

Have a great weekend everyone.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea for a thread Karen

I went out last night for dinner with some girlfriends for a birthday...tonight I am doing the same..(so much eating)..

Just brought Trouty to the vet and heading to the gym any minute

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good weekend everyone!

Tonight I have a family dinner to celebrate my older brother's and mom's birthdays. But to me any family dinner just means that I will spend the afternoon / evening playing with my nephew.

So after hours of running after a 3 year old, I'll sleep well tonight.

This weekend I also have to finish the first draft of my grad school funding application (due Wednesday!!
). I have a draft now, but it sucks. I want something a little better to send to my prof for review.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon!

Its a gorgeous day here, about 55* and sunny! I slept in til 10:30AM today and it was so wonderful, I haven't slept well since we moved in here with the MIL, so it was much needed

So far I've gone to the post office & gotten the mail, and now Bayley is sleeping on my chest... awww

Nothing much going on here, a Harley ride this afternoon to enjoy the weather & then maybe downtown tonight, who knows!

Have a good weekend!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone has a great weekend!! I guess I'll get out of the house and mow my yard, hopefully, for the last time this year! I may actually get it finished in one day!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on call Friday and worked a double. I was so exhausted when I went to bed last night, I don't think I moved at all during the night! When I woke up this morning, my back just ached and I could barely move!

Today I have nothing planned except to do some light cleaning around the house and a little laundry. I really am looking forward to having a day to play lazy!

Tomorrow I have tickets to Cirque du Soleil's "Saltimbanco" in East Lansing at the Breslin Center. I'm taking my parents for my father's birthday. We're going to the afternoon show and then dinner. I saw Cirque du Soleil's "Varekai!" a couple of years ago, when I was visiting my sister in San Diego. I really hoped that I would get a chance to take my parents to see a show someday.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met my sister in town for coffee then i did some christmas shopping as well as a few things for me

My feet were aching and i was so pleased to drop all my bags on the bus and relax.

Tomorrow is a lazy day

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... Today was just a classic fall day!!! Frosty in the morning and warming up into a beautiful sunny day. The city tree committee had about 50 trees to plant so I joined in with a whole bunch of people and helped to make the community prettier. Then I went grocery shopping with the hubby. This afternoon I put all the flower garden to rest and planted several hundred bulbs.

Tomorrow, I have a helping hands committee meeting and in the afternoon I am going to grill a large piece of ham with a honey mustard wasabi sauce and some asparagus. Other than that, I don't know...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much going on this weekend. I ran some errands earlier and was hoping to find Whitey some OTC cat cold medicine. He's been sneezing a lot and well, listening to his lungs tells me that he has a chest cold.
His vet appt is Monday.

I was hoping to find something to help his through the weekend, but no luck
So my poor baby has to suffer for one more day.

Tomorrow is just gonig to be sit around and do nothing day. Actually I've been having WAY too many of those. I need a job so that I can join a gym and work out again. I'm nothing but flab now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm avoiding homework.
I've got quite a bit to get done, & as usual, will do it last minute. (OK, I'm trying to drag my homework out to keep me busy)

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Tomorrow I have tickets to Cirque du Soleil's "Saltimbanco" in East Lansing at the Breslin Center. I'm taking my parents for my father's birthday. We're going to the afternoon show and then dinner. I saw Cirque du Soleil's "Varekai!" a couple of years ago, when I was visiting my sister in San Diego. I really hoped that I would get a chance to take my parents to see a show someday.
Lucky!!

This weekend? I worked Saturday, Sunday is my only day off so I don't know if I want to spend it cleaning or not (I don't). I know here in a couple of hours I'll be watching some ball games, but I'm going to read my new book until then.