Trout VS the Vet

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welp, I had to take Trout in this morning to get her weighed for some Revolution...

She cried all the way there..like "omg, I am about to die"..kind of crying.

When we get there, the vet tech takes her back to weigh her..comes back out and says "wow, she still hates us eh?"

Trout was still tramautized from her extended vet stay last March I think..poor thing

I want to hear your vet stories..are your cats good or bad at the vet? And does your vet tech make you feel bad that your cat is scared? Mine did

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson has a flag on his file that he attacks. LoL
Actually I think that vet wasn't experienced.

They all cry going to our regular vet but are quiet once we get there.
Our RB kitty, Buddy, would fight to stay in the carrier. All the other kitties are good. Once they are on the table they are fine.

So how much does Trout weigh?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor Trout
How much did she weigh Nat?

Everyone is good at the Vet except Joey...he hugs my neck so tight and breathes so heavy...they can't even believe it..and then one time I took Sev with him thinking it would be good for moral support and he peed on Sev in the carrier then he pooped next to him on the examining table

Sev purrs the whole time, to the point where they can't even hear his heart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Sev purrs the whole time??

Trout doesn't pee or poo or anything..but she is so scared her eyes are like saucers. Actually I'm surprised she doesn't pee with fear.

She weighs 8 lbs

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Mine aren't so bad once they're at the vet, but the trip there is always embarrassing. I have to take the subway to the vets (don't have a car) and the cats meow like if they were dying. With all the echo in the subway station, EVERYBODY can hear it and everyone ends up starring in my direction.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Mine do well with the vet fortunately. Much has been so many times because of her UTIs. She tends to be shy so it is hard getting her out of her carrier. With Lucy and Carly, the vet doesn't have a problem with us letting them out of the carrier to explore the exam room. Lucy especially does better with this. I think she feels like she has some control. Also, there are bird feeders outside the window so both Lucy and Carly like watching.

But on the way there and back, it is loud and persistent all of the way. Especially when all three go in.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boomer is very inqusitive, he checks out everything and watches everything but is generally fairly well behaved

Bumper cries his heart out, looks at me like I am responsible for the downfalls of the whole world and loses a lot of fur and 1/2lb on a vet visit and the following few days so he only goes when completely necessary as it stresses him

Magnum has Devil Cat stickers on his file - he bites, growls, runs away. The vet techs at our new vet can handle him but prefer not to, our old vet would sedate him for anything he needed.

Scully used to cry and poop but since we changed vets is an angel and just sits quietly waiting, on both the drive there and while there. He gives kisses to the vet and vet techs

Autumn was a terror on her spay when at the shelter, but was well behaved when I had her checked by my vet, so unsure on that one

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit is a monster going to and from, but when he gets there he'll let the vet pick him up and hold him. He LOVES her. He has "trouble maker" written on his chart because of his ability to climb in the sinks at the office and scare everyone by popping up as they walk by.

Scratch Fury just shakes and is terrified the entire time.

Dr Claw cries and gives me the, "You are giving me away aren't you?" look the entire time.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everytime we put Snowball in his pet carrier he knows he's going to the vet so he immediately starts clawing and biting at the door trying to get out. He's usually crying when we walk through the door at the vet clinic, and most of the time we can go into the exam room right away. We put the pet carrier on the exam table and open the door, but Snowball just cowers as far back as he can. Then the vet tech comes in and they're usually worried that Snowball might attack, but we explain that he's gentle. Snowball tries to hang on with his claws, but they finally get him out of the carrier and he behaves well throughout the exam and any testing that might be done. When the visit is over everyone is quite impressed with his good behavior and Snowball seems very relieved to be able to go back into his carrier again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Dr Claw cries and gives me the, "You are giving me away aren't you?" look the entire time.
Awww, thats the look Trout gives me..It breaks my heart!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky is really good, My toy Pom Sophie not so good, you say the word vet she hides under the bed
she screams all the way there , then she won't come out of the kennel,

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I first got Cassy, the vet told me to take her to the shelter!

She went completely wild at that vet, she is my psycho cat. We had to restrain her with a harness so she could get her shots.

Since then, I found another vet for her.

Mittens loves going to the vets, although, she will meow non-stop like someone is killing her on the way to the vets, like she does when I bring her upstairs for a bath, she'll pee on me too!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo has been to the vet so many times for her CRF that it really doesn't faze her. She'll make a few of those tiny pitiful cries during the ride there, but behaves really well. She likes to have the door of her carrier open, so I can scratch her head. She is so docile. She never struggles for her blood draws. I actually hold her for them. She's very well behaved.

Maggie is so terrified that she just lays in the carrier and shakes. She's too scared to cry. She drops fur like she's been shaved. I take her as infrequently as possible because she's so traumatized by it. I think she's only been there a couple of times. The vet tech had to hold her for her last blood draw, because she kept trying to get back into the carrier when I held her like I do for Cleo.

Lola cries and carries on like she's beeing killed. She yowls continually the entire way there and the entire way back....I'm surprised her vocal cords don't hurt when it's all over! Thank God the vet is only about a half a mile away! she behaves pretty well when she's there though. They took her in the back for all of her cystocentesis, and they never mentioned any problems.

I have a digital baby scale at home to keep a close eye on their weights. They actually seem to enjoy getting weighed. Must be something about the treats when it's over....

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anna and Boo are no trouble whatsoever. Boo loves checking out the exam rooms and the vet always brags at what a curious friendly kitty she is. But now Lil Bit is totally opposite. The minute she's in the carrier she starts crying the most pitiful cry you ever heard!
She's ok once she's in the exam room and out of her carrier. It breaks my heart to take her!! We adopted her from a rescue shelter and I'm sure she thinks she's going back there. Funny thing is that she doesn't say a thing on the way back home! That's what makes me think she's worried about going back to rescue. After she sees it's the vet, she's ok!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have always been ok at the vets. The vet techs never made me feel bad but I've had vets actually make me feel bad for other reasons before. When Jake first got sick a few years ago, the vet I took him to treated me like I was some kind of negectful kitty mom. Then we got some of the tests back and knew something bad was going on. She came in and Jake got up on his hind legs on the exam table and put his front paws around my neck and hugged me and licked my tears and she softened. But it still made me mad how she treated me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Magnum has Devil Cat stickers on his file - he bites, growls, runs away. The vet techs at our new vet can handle him but prefer not to, our old vet would sedate him for anything he needed.
Harley is marked as a naughty cat on his file too
He will hiss at the vet/vet tech and he'll burry his head into my chest while he's on the table, it breaks my heart everytime
But we only go in when he's really sick and needs meds. I stopped with the yearly visits, its too awful to put him (& the vets thru).

Bayley loves everyone
I suppose with being at the shelter & around pepole all the time he doesn't mind. He'll love up on anyone

They both cry in their kennel tho, they don't like being in the car.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of our cats cry on the way to the vet. By the time we get there, they are quiet and pretty much well behaved. We have never had issues with them going to the bathroom in the carrier.

Duchess was always a very well behaved cat. She was as royal and obedient as her name.

Tedi cowers in my arms when we are in the exam room and tries to hide. Lexi does the same. She had never been to the vet until I took her in.

Luna is very quiet and May is very talkative.
But, both purr when they get on the exam table and will just lay there.

We have been going to our vet for about 8 years or more. I really like them. I know all the vet techs and the receptionists and they have never made me feel bad about any of our cats. I just hope that it stays that way and that they will be fortunate with their health.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie is known as the "Cat from Hell", which I suppose says it all. He has to be pried out of his carrier, and bites, scratches, and sprays out of his anal glands. His aim is very good, unfortunately.