Blood Pressure

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at the doctor today and my blood pressure is the lowest it's been in a long, long time and I'm not even on any medications for it anymore. Haven't been for about 1 year.

My blood pressure usually runs about 145/90 to 95 which is normal for me even though it's considered on the high side for comparison.

However today it was 130/70 and when done again it was 125/65 which is very low for me. No wonder I've been feeling more light headed than usual.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD FOR YOU! One more benefit of having a cat in your life -- cats are proven to improve humans' health in all sorts of ways. Give your cat some extra treats and scritches under the chin, won't you?

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw, it's not feeling light headed. You're just feeling euphoric without that headache that you normally have with higher pressure that you got used to having.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good that your blood pressure is down!
Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get too low!

Mine is always on the lower side, and when i have a flair up (I have Vertigo) it can make me soo dizzy/lightheaded i get sick. I would not let it dip too low if you can help it- but it sounds like it's in a good range for you- good work hon! Did you change anything in your diet/exercise to help it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That's good that your blood pressure is down!
Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get too low!

Mine is always on the lower side, and when i have a flair up (I have Vertigo) it can make me soo dizzy/lightheaded i get sick. I would not let it dip too low if you can help it- but it sounds like it's in a good range for you- good work hon! Did you change anything in your diet/exercise to help it?
Since my cardiac tests have come back all normal I have been given the go ahead to resume exercise and activity. So now I'm in physiotherapy and getting some exercise with bands and weights in, plus cardio with some low stairs and the treadmill. I go twice a week and that's going to increase to 3 times per week next month. Depending on how my foot is feeling (broke it a couple years ago when I fainted and fell down, but it still gives me lots of pain sometimes) I can do 20 minutes on the treadmill before my appointment and 20 minutes during. I usually start out at .9 mph and by the end of the 20 minutes I'm up to 1.9 mph. Not fast, but a good walking pace for me at this stage and gets my heart beat up there and causes a sweat!

That combined with my sensible eating plan (I don't diet), seems to be helping I guess.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Since my cardiac tests have come back all normal I have been given the go ahead to resume exercise and activity. So now I'm in physiotherapy and getting some exercise with bands and weights in, plus cardio with some low stairs and the treadmill. I go twice a week and that's going to increase to 3 times per week next month. Depending on how my foot is feeling (broke it a couple years ago when I fainted and fell down, but it still gives me lots of pain sometimes) I can do 20 minutes on the treadmill before my appointment and 20 minutes during. I usually start out at .9 mph and by the end of the 20 minutes I'm up to 1.9 mph. Not fast, but a good walking pace for me at this stage and gets my heart beat up there and causes a sweat!

That combined with my sensible eating plan (I don't diet), seems to be helping I guess.
That's great that you've been able to get your bp down with exercise and good eating habits! I hope your foot starts to feel better soon
Are your PT appointments helping your foot at all?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That's great that you've been able to get your bp down with exercise and good eating habits! I hope your foot starts to feel better soon
Are your PT appointments helping your foot at all?
My physio is supposed to be for physical conditioning because I was on a no exercise of any kind order for almost 2 years while they did every test known to man to check my heart to find out why I have fainting issues. My heart is fine, I still have fainting issues and they have no clue why!
However, because my foot has been giving me a whole lot of grief and interfering with the physical conditioning plan, they have been doing some work on my foot such as massage and ultra sound. Plus I now have an orthotic for that foot which is causing a whole new set of problems in my ankle because my bones are having to adjust to the change in shape of my foot as I walk.