How to keep the furry kid busy on a rainy day?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So we found a solution for Stumpy, our psycho cat - let her outside while I'm home to explore. She's safe in the area, and she never goes far. It stops her from tearing the house apart, and stops me from wanting to kill her!

But today - it's raining. She wanted to go out before, so she did, and was yelling at me from the back door within 5 minutes wanting to come back in. So she clawed up our leather dining chairs, and I yelled at her, then she tore into the lounge room, and leapt straight onto the top of the TV where she got yelled at again, then immediately ran to the bike rack and started trying to climb the bikes!

So I stopped what I was doing and tried to wear her out with the laser pointer, but she refuses to be worn out.

And now I'm going to have to clean up after pulling every toy out of the toy box for her to play with - all of which she's ignoring.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feed her Turkey?

Wow, the laser pointer didn't do it? That's ususally my last ditch effort to get the boys to stop destroying something.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have stairs? Try making her run up and down those. I find making the cats jump or climb wear them out quicker than just running around.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait a minute...how do you "make" a cat do something? If you have the answers, I am all ears because, according to my cats, I am not in a position to "make" them do anything

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Do you have stairs? Try making her run up and down those. I find making the cats jump or climb wear them out quicker than just running around.
Haha that's what I resorted to!! Laser pointer on the stairs
Then I went upstairs to use my laptop on the bed, and of course the girls followed me and both her and Smudge are curled up on the bed

exoticbabee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Wait a minute...how do you "make" a cat do something? If you have the answers, I am all ears because, according to my cats, I am not in a position to "make" them do anything
haha..I would love to know too. There are times when I'm trying to play with her, like Da Bird, but she will just sit there and look at me. After 5 minutes, I realize I'm just entertaining myself.
The laser pointer is the only toy she will always want to play with.