Those Using Feline Pine

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I switched over to all the Pine for litter now (actually Petco's equivalent of it). Cats are using it fine. But I have a question.

When it breaks down to the sawdust are you scooping that out or just waiting till all of its broke down and then dump it?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
when I used it I attempted to pull out the dust daily

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have switched over to Feline Fresh - and love it! I am mentioning it, because it is a clumping all natural pine litter. My one complaint about Feline Pine is that it does turn into sawdust and stays wet! I found this litter last week. It is new to the Pet Quarters (where I shop). It is not expensive - and it really clumps well and then dries up!
I know that this doesn't answer your question, but I really like this new pine clumping litter and thought that I would share!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I switched over to all the Pine for litter now (actually Petco's equivalent of it). Cats are using it fine. But I have a question.

When it breaks down to the sawdust are you scooping that out or just waiting till all of its broke down and then dump it?
I use the 2 part sifting boxes. Twice a day I shake the boxes to get the sawdust to the lower part and lift out and flush the solid waste. Once a week I dump the sawdust from the lower level and clean and disinfect the boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have a deep pan (Charlie likes a larger pan). Might have DH get me a piece of screen and put it over the show litter pan and dump the sawdust out once a day (or once every other day).

Right now, I take and make a pile of sawdust in one side and sift the pellets with the scoop and put them on the other side of the pan. Need something a little less time consuming

The sawdust from the Petco brand doesn't seem to stay very wet when its broke down.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Well I have a deep pan (Charlie likes a larger pan). Might have DH get me a piece of screen and put it over the show litter pan and dump the sawdust out once a day (or once every other day).
Mine need a larger pan also so I make them (sifting boxes) from Sterlite storage containers. It's real easy, just get two and drill holes in one.