A fine and pleasant bath

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have today off
That is great, the car is at the shop and I have a Very sore achilles tendon, so I am just taking the day easy today. It is in the 50s, overcast, and slightly rainy, so after a couple of hours on the internet, I decide that it is time for a hot bath.

I lit some yummy smelling vanilla and apple cinnamon candles, drew a nice bath, got a book and my cell phone (in case the shop calls about the car) and settled in. As soon as I got nice and comfy (difficult for 6'1" in a standard bath tub
) what did I see? Two little tortie faces looking very worried
The worried looks were accompanied by mews, chirps, and various other little sounds. Finally they decided that I wasn't in trouble and they just sat there with their paws over the edge of the tub watching me intently. They they noticed the candles....both of them just Had to investigate those funny-smelling bright things despite the many warnings of burned whiskers. After this, the cell phone became fair game since it was on the floor. Maybe they were trying to call for help because Mom was surrounded by water

Finally, when all of this activity settled down, I realized that the bath was cold and it was time to get out. I go to step on the towel that I had put out in front of the tub, but it was wadded up in the corner
They both look guilty. So for revenge, I plopped them both into the mostly drained tub...I haven't seen much of them since they got out

I wonder if I can trade two Torties for 8-Bit?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww.

Sophie always jumps up onto the side of the bath when i'm in, and the other night while i was drying myself i bent down to dry my legs and my fat rear knocked her in

That's the second time that's happend, and luckily it was just her legs and bottom that went in and the water wasn't as hot as how i usually have it, but poor baby

She wandered off to lick herself dry and i'm sure she must have been saying "Thanks a bunch mum!!"

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was little I had a gray cat that used to sit on the side of the tub when I was in it. He fell in on a regular basis.
Now I have Kahlua who's fave thing in the world is to be rubbed down with a wet washcloth....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Sophie always jumps up onto the side of the bath when i'm in, and the other night while i was drying myself i bent down to dry my legs and my fat rear knocked her in
I know that is not funny Susan!

Kiko and Laura will actually jump in the water when its only about 1 inch, but I am always so worried that when they start licking themselves there will be soap residue that wouldnt be good for them to ingest. So I have to wash thier feet

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OMG!
Originally Posted by Pami

I know that is not funny Susan!
It's not?

Sabina's my water baby. She comes tearing in when she hears the bathtub running. I have to be careful to start the water lukewarm since she jumps in and starts lapping up water...backing up as the water creeps closer. At the last moment when her precious tootsies would get one drop of water on them, she jumps out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that I have tortured both of my babies enough with baths that they know not to get within arms reach of the bath tub when I am in there or they will end up in the bath

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
First you knocked her into the tub, then you grabbed the camera?
Poor Sophie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This shouldn't really be here but it's just showing her wet legs really, poor baby
LOL
awww...poor baby

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bakker usually comes running once I turn on the bath water.

The best though was Sheba-she would "walk" across me while I was relazing in the tub.
Shee might have gotten a paw wet but didn't seem to mind that!!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger plays with his water bowl and would lay in the dry tub but once the water starts going, he and Angel run for it! I've had once instance where both of them were on the edge of the tub on the other die of the shower curtain as I was taking a shower. I pulled back the curtain, flicked water on them and watched them scatter! I know, I'm an evil meowmy sometimes...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terrified of deep water, baths included.

However from the mid 1980's to about 1992 I lived in a house that didn't have a shower, just one of those old fashioned claw foot bath tubs with the old fashioned faucet and taps. I tried buying one of those rubber hoses that you put on the faucet to convert it to a shower of sorts but it kept popping off. So I had to bite the bullet and have baths.

Over time I actually found myself sort of enjoying a daily bath around 6 pm. I would take in a book and a drink or my small portable TV and put it on the toilet seat, get it set to a channel that had something good to watch for a couple of hours and then just soak and either read or watch tv. I would even end up falling asleep and waking up to ice cold water

Since I moved from there I've lived where there are showers and since then I have only had maybe 6 baths because due to my fear of water showers are more in my comfort zone.

Sometimes I think about having a bath but between my fear and my mobility problems which make it hard to get up from the floor/tub, I stick to showers.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susan you're such a meanie

My cat's aren't the bad ones about me taking baths- it's my two huge dogs! When I went to Bath & Body Works for a sale a few months back, i got a little rubber duckie with my soaps/etc. It's cute. Well the last time i took a bath, Fosters was SOOOO mesmerized by the floating duck that he jumped in the tub and got it
I could have killed the dog! He's not little eithor! He's an Australian Shepherd
Kojak is the only one out of the cat's that likes to tempt fate and get near the water

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well the last time i took a bath, Fosters was SOOOO mesmerized by the floating duck that he jumped in the tub and got it
I cant believe you take a bath with a rubber duck

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I cant believe you take a bath with a rubber duck
Hey don't knock the rubber ducky
Some things you never grow out of
Hehe she's purple too! Very cute! Everytime i squeak her, the dogs and Kojak come RUNNING to try and get it

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hey don't knock the rubber ducky
Some things you never grow out of
Hehe she's purple too! Very cute! Everytime i squeak her, the dogs and Kojak come RUNNING to try and get it
I actually have a collection of them myself. I think Jim secretly wants to use them in the tub with him because he keeps buying them for me and I keep putting them in the closet
and he keeps buying more.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I actually have a collection of them myself. I think Jim secretly wants to use them in the tub with him because he keeps buying them for me and I keep putting them in the closet
and he keeps buying more.
Ah ha! I had a feeling you had a secret stash of rubber duckies!
Poor Jim- maybe you could run him a bubble bath sometime and put all the ducks in there for him. (you can always promise him you'll never tell his guy friends he likes to bathe with rubber duckies
)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heres a few of them ........ there are more, still packed .........

OMG Im going to tell Jim about the bath