great news and sad news

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sad first, My mother -in -law died ,but it was a blessing,she was 94 and in a nurseing home.
Great, I quit smokimg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haven't had one for 48 hours and have no urges! I am taking the new pill Chantix. And it really works You have to get it from your Dr.And it only cost me $20.00 !

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww that's so sad, i'm so sorry
May she RIP

Well done for taking the first step to quiting
I've never smoked but i can imagine it must be difficult, but ride the storm because i've heard ex smokers say it was worth it

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sorry about your MIL - did she have a good life? 94 is a good age.
How is Ted doing?

I am glad that you decided to quit smoking - good on you and like Susan said, ride the storm - you will feel better for it!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on the loss of your MIL.

Congratulations on your decision to keep smoking!
I have been "smober" for 10 years now. The hardest part for me was getting over the physical habit - all the moves you go through to smoke. I would always have a pack of cigarettes in my hand as I headed out the door. Three months after I quit I was headed out the door and thought "OMG I forgot my cigarettes!". Then I thought to myself "you dummy, you don't smoke anymore!".

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the quitting and sorry to hear about your MIL (but she's at peace now)

And if you can quit during a stressful time and not go back, that means you've got it licked!

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. RIP

Congrats on the quit! I just quit using Chantix too! I am on day 17 with no cigarettes! I feel great!! Keep it up, good job!!

Jen

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sherral, first of all, I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. And second, I'm thrilled that you made the decision to quit smoking. I'm an ex-smoker myself, and October 4 of this year was the third year anniversary of when I quit. I just keep feeling better and better so quiting is definitely worth it!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother in law. My prayers are with you and your family.

I'm glad to hear you quit smoking.
I wish my mother could the same.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catcaregiver;2010810 said:
Condolences on the loss of your MIL.

Congratulations on your decision to keep smoking!
I have been "smober" for 10 years now. The hardest part for me was getting over the physical habit - all the moves you go through to smoke. I would always have a pack of cigarettes in my hand as I headed out the door. Three months after I quit I was headed out the door and thought "OMG I forgot my cigarettes!". Then I thought to myself "you dummy, you don't smoke anymore!". :
your right the (physical ) is the hard part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am sorry about your MIL - did she have a good life? 94 is a good age.
How is Ted doing?

I am glad that you decided to quit smoking - good on you and like Susan said, ride the storm - you will feel better for it!
Ted is fine,she was in the home a long time.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Calico76

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. RIP

Congrats on the quit! I just quit using Chantix too! I am on day 17 with no cigarettes! I feel great!! Keep it up, good job!!

Jen
Great job! The hard part is the habit of smoking after dinner,on the phone,driving etc::::

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Sherral, first of all, I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. And second, I'm thrilled that you made the decision to quit smoking. I'm an ex-smoker myself, and October 4 of this year was the third year anniversary of when I quit. I just keep feeling better and better so quiting is definitely worth it!
yes it is. I allready feel better!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

Sad first, My mother -in -law died ,but it was a blessing,she was 94 and in a nurseing home.
Great, I quit smokimg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haven't had one for 48 hours and have no urges! I am taking the new pill Chantix. And it really works You have to get it from your Dr.And it only cost me $20.00 !
I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, but it sounds like she had a long happy life. But I'm sure she will be missed. You family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on quiting smoking though! I'll get around to that one of these days
. Be careful with Chantix though. My uncle through marriage takes it, and we heard that if you mix it with alcohol, even a glass of wine, it can cause psychotic episodes in some people. There was something on the news about it not too long ago.

http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/ove...x_side_effects

I'm not saying it isn't right for you, just be careful.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, but it sounds like she had a long happy life. But I'm sure she will be missed. You family is in my thoughts and prayers.

Congrats on quiting smoking though! I'll get around to that one of these days
. Be careful with Chantix though. My uncle through marriage takes it, and we heard that if you mix it with alcohol, even a glass of wine, it can cause psychotic episodes in some people. There was something on the news about it not too long ago.

http://www.yourlawyer.com/topics/ove...x_side_effects

I'm not saying it isn't right for you, just be careful.
thanks for the worning But I don't drink.