Help!! Cat swallowed a coin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kings dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have no idea which coin but I doubt it was a quarter. Probably a penny or nickel although i never really saw what it was. I just noticed some coins he knocked on the floor and was playing with.

I saw him choking, then he stopped. Continued playing. This was two days ago. He's been fine ever since.

Question is, can he pass it?? he mysteriously just pooed in my control room (in my recording studio!!) all over some cables behind the board and it's freakin me out. The poo was also runny. He's never pooed outside his litter box b4.

btw: he's about 8 months old.

Can anyone offer any advise??

Thanks!

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this may sound costly but maybe you should have a vet take an x-ray and see where it is. Maybe it was passed in his poop?!?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree that it is time to phone the vet... the fact that his stool was runny could indicate that there is a blockage being caused by the coin. I would be especially concerned that he went outside of his box as well.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
take him to a vet immediately, coins can be deadly. I know pennies can be toxic i'm not positive about others but i definately remember a dog that ate coins mainly pennies and was in BAD shape almost died from it. PLEASE GET HIM TO A VET

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wouldn't be a problem with a kid, but a kid is ten times bigger than a cat--to a cat, swallowing a coin is big trouble! It just doesn't fit...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe

take him to a vet immediately, coins can be deadly. I know pennies can be toxic i'm not positive about others but i definately remember a dog that ate coins mainly pennies and was in BAD shape almost died from it. PLEASE GET HIM TO A VET
I would worry just as much about poisoning as blockage. Please take your baby to the vet. I think the pooing outside the box is trying to give you a message that he's hurting. It may have been runny because the coin is blocking solids... that he is OK.

KittenLove261

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Take him to the vet, his poo is called diarrhea, it is a sign of a clog in his intestines, another is him being less energetic. If he is go to the vet NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.