or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Help!! Cat swallowed a coin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help!! Cat swallowed a coin

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I have no idea which coin but I doubt it was a quarter. Probably a penny or nickel although i never really saw what it was. I just noticed some coins he knocked on the floor and was playing with.

I saw him choking, then he stopped. Continued playing. This was two days ago. He's been fine ever since.

Question is, can he pass it?? he mysteriously just pooed in my control room (in my recording studio!!) all over some cables behind the board and it's freakin me out. The poo was also runny. He's never pooed outside his litter box b4.

btw: he's about 8 months old.

Can anyone offer any advise??

Thanks!
post #2 of 9
I would phone a vet and ask them how toxic coins are to cats, I would probably be worried if my cat pooed outside his box, hope your kitty feels better soon
post #3 of 9
I know this may sound costly but maybe you should have a vet take an x-ray and see where it is. Maybe it was passed in his poop?!?
post #4 of 9
Definitely vet time.
post #5 of 9
I agree that it is time to phone the vet... the fact that his stool was runny could indicate that there is a blockage being caused by the coin. I would be especially concerned that he went outside of his box as well.
post #6 of 9
take him to a vet immediately, coins can be deadly. I know pennies can be toxic i'm not positive about others but i definately remember a dog that ate coins mainly pennies and was in BAD shape almost died from it. PLEASE GET HIM TO A VET
post #7 of 9
Another vote for the vet!
post #8 of 9
Wouldn't be a problem with a kid, but a kid is ten times bigger than a cat--to a cat, swallowing a coin is big trouble! It just doesn't fit...
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootersOwnsMe View Post
take him to a vet immediately, coins can be deadly. I know pennies can be toxic i'm not positive about others but i definately remember a dog that ate coins mainly pennies and was in BAD shape almost died from it. PLEASE GET HIM TO A VET

I would worry just as much about poisoning as blockage. Please take your baby to the vet. I think the pooing outside the box is trying to give you a message that he's hurting. It may have been runny because the coin is blocking solids... that he is OK.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Help!! Cat swallowed a coin