Yes!!

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been seeing a grey cat coming to eat with my other ferals. Tonight I decided to go ahead and put dry food out and watch who ate hoping that my regulars would show up and eat before the grey one came, that way they would be less likely to go into the trap themselves. Well I watched a couple of my regulars eat and then the grey cat showed up. I went outside (he ran off of course) and put the dry food away and set the trap. The grey cat went for it. He went in and got the sardines and the trap didn't close!
I couldn't believe it! That had never happened before. I went out and re-set the trap but figured it was probably a lost cause but darned if he didn't come back and this time the trap worked!
He's one very po'd kitty. Now I just have to hope that the Vet can work him into her schedule tomorrow.

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good job! We've had this happen before and we have some that have been fixed yet go in the trap everytime we set it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HouseofCats

Good job! We've had this happen before and we have some that have been fixed yet go in the trap everytime we set it.
Hey thanks! And thanks for acknowledging my post.
I thought I was the only one who was happy for me.
I just started doing TNR this year so it's still pretty exciting for me when I catch one.

At the beginning of this year there were three kittens that needed to be trapped and altered. Two were easy but the last little orange boy was stubborn! It took about a month to get him. I thought he would never go back in a trap but darned if he didn't go in there one day last week and get caught! That really surprised me.

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can relate to your excitement. We've been TNRing for approximately 9 years now. We finally started using a drop trap on the hard to get cats. We still have a couple that won't even go near that.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HouseofCats

I must have trapped Tan Foot a couple dozen times!

I'm happy for you girl!! It's always terribly exciting when you can catch a cat that quickly!!

Sending you speuter vibes for tomorrow!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I must have trapped Tan Foot a couple dozen times!

I'm happy for you girl!! It's always terribly exciting when you can catch a cat that quickly!!

Sending you speuter vibes for tomorrow!!
Tan Foot must take the short bus to your house.

It is exciting; I love doing it. Thanks for the vibes, the Vet was able to fit her in.
Turns out "he" was a "she". I had a feeling it might have been but I wasn't sure.