What are you wearing for Halloween?

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This'll be interesting!
I'm wearing a white silk kimono that I had bought in S.Korea. What I really want to go as is Arwen from the LOTR, but I don't have the sewing skills to make her outfit. (Or the sewing machine for the matter.
) IMO, the store bought costumes for her look horrid compared to the actual ones.
BUT... I can make her little crowns that she wears. I'm actually making the one from the first movie in the bridge scene.
I may not be good with fabric but I can work with metal!

So, what are you all planning to wear? And are you making it yourself?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My birthday suit

DH will be passing out scoops of ice cream to the kids. He'll have the bucket of ice cream and drop 1-2 scoops in there; however many they want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

My birthday suit

DH will be passing out scoops of ice cream to the kids. He'll have the bucket of ice cream and drop 1-2 scoops in there; however many they want.
Erm, how do they eat it? In their hands?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

My birthday suit

That's a new one

I remember one year my dad was handing out homemade candy apples, and some of the parents refused because it wasn't "Store Bought".... I was a shame

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

That's a new one

I remember one year my dad was handing out homemade candy apples, and some of the parents refused because it wasn't "Store Bought".... I was a shame
All for safety these days. Every year the cops catch some idiot with whatever laced candy, ruining it for everyone and their innocent little minds.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my friends gives out Cokes and has for years, way before they started making the little 8 oz. squat cans.

I guess its just as bad as the candy for you.

I would have loved him when I was litte.

I remember having certain houses in the neighborhood that would always have special bags of candy for me when I came trick or treating. And the houses who gave out the good candy--reese's, twix, smarties, etc.

ETA: I have several costumes from years before, so it'll either be a saloon girl, a cat or my favorite--my George Bush mask. Its amazing who will shake your hand and who will tell you where to go when I wear the mask! Its just a costume, People! C'mon!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

One of my friends gives out Cokes and has for years, way before they started making the little 8 oz. squat cans.

I guess its just as bad as the candy for you.

I would have loved him when I was litte.

I remember having certain houses in the neighborhood that would always have special bags of candy for me when I came trick or treating. And the houses who gave out the good candy--reese's, twix, smarties, etc.

ETA: I have several costumes from years before, so it'll either be a saloon girl, a cat or my favorite--my George Bush mask. Its amazing who will shake your hand and who will tell you where to go when I wear the mask! Its just a costume, People! C'mon!
I think the best costume I had was one year I went as a shadow.

I wore all black, sprayed my hair black, painted my face black (even the inside of my ears" and I would follow people around

I think I was about.... 16?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a gorgeous siggy Tiger has, btw! Really, um, tiger-y!

Well, I don't do halloween, but I may decide to hand out candy, since I'm now in an urban neighborhood, and if I do, I have a really neat cat suit (plus ears and tail!) from Old Navy. WHAT ELSE WOULD I DRESSS AS??? C'mon! (Seriously, though, as a fellow LOTR fan, hope your Arwen attempt turns out fabulous!)

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by megagene

I'm going to be the Crow....For the fourth time...
My bf was that last year. It's my fav costume.

I want to be a schoolgirl. There's this cute one at Hot Topic but the top is a half shirt and I'm not exactly rockin the washboard abs lately so I'm a bit wary of it. There's another one there that's this little pink and black kitty less skin involved.

norachelhere

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I really really like the shadow idea! The other half is a nine foor tall alien with glowing red eyes, and I am not quite sure about myself yet. . . I may go as a cat. Sounds like a cute idea! Either way everyone has to post pictures after the event!

nimbus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm being an evil/dead Belle from Beauty and the Beast!
I have the tattered gold gown costume, a messed auburn wig, and a black rose.

-Kristen

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to tell you all what two of my employees are going to the club as on Halloween night!

Michael Jackson from the 80's--"C" is dressing up as him and she is black.
Michael Jackson from now--"A" is white and is dressing up as him and is going to either make the nose look really small by shadowing with make-up or using swimmers nose pinchers.

I laughed so hard when they told me!! I think its a great idea!!

megagene

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nimbus

I'm being an evil/dead Belle from Beauty and the Beast!
I have the tattered gold gown costume, a messed auburn wig, and a black rose.

-Kristen
That sounds ridiculously hot. Make sure you take photos.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I haven't really thought about it, since I don't have plans for that night ATM...SO and I have some back-up outfits we always wear: He has a fancy "pimp" outfit (
) and I have a ...hoochie?...French Maid outfit!

I thought about being Yotsuba, but no one would have gotten it
...and my interest waned...mostly, because I have no plans!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually go as the ugliest, bloodiest dead looking zombie we can imagine. My boyfriend loves doing the horror makeup so we go all out. We were jack the ripper and a victim a couple years ago, and then one time I had a gown on and I had intestine hanging out of my stomach. It was awesome!