Anyone see 49 Up on PBS last night?

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
49 Up

It follows a group of English children every seven years since 1964. This was really interesting to me. The people are interviewed now and they intersperse old interviews from different ages. The changes in some people were remarkable. One woman was a really sullen teenager, down on marriage, children and life and now is a grandmother that is so loving.
The physical changes were amazing, some people get better and some worse. The hairstyles and clothing are fun to see too. To hear the kids interviewed at age seven, talking about what they think of different things and then to hear them through the seven years intervals up until now was very good.

If you get a chance to see this, it's worth it.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

49 Up

It follows a group of English children every seven years since 1964. This was really interesting to me. The people are interviewed now and they intersperse old interviews from different ages. The changes in some people were remarkable. One woman was a really sullen teenager, down on marriage, children and life and now is a grandmother that is so loving.
The physical changes were amazing, some people get better and some worse. The hairstyles and clothing are fun to see too. To hear the kids interviewed at age seven, talking about what they think of different things and then to hear them through the seven years intervals up until now was very good.

If you get a chance to see this, it's worth it.
I've seen all of the Up series through 42 Up, and I have to put 49 Up on my Netflicks. I LOVE this body of work. It's so worth watching and worth devoting time to. I can't wait to see 49 up to see how Neil and Tony are doing.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DH was watching that but I wasn't really interested. I didn't catch the begining so I'm thinking who are these people.