Sad news regarding my aunt. Thoughts and prayers please.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in shock... I just got a call from my mother in tears. Apparently my Aunt, who I haven't seen in a few years, was found dead in her bed this morning. She was found by her son. It's too soon to know what happened, but I guess she had been sick or not feeling well for a few days or something. The police have the house taped off and no one can go in.

It's strange because I was just talking about her the other day. I thought I saw my uncle (her husband) at the movies and I said hello but he didn't say anything, he probably didn't recognize me. It's been quite a long time since we've seen them as since my Grandfather died (her father, my mom's step) we slowly lost contact. They didn't even come to my wedding.

I've never had anyone, especially a family member, pass away suddenly like this...especially so young. She was only in her 50's.

Thoughts and prayers please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what the chances are of this, but I just had a thought of maybe she had Meningitis. I was just watching on the news last night a report of a girl who died from it within 34 hours or so. If my mother said that she heard she hadn't been feeling well in the past few days, it's a possibility.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
count with my prayers and good wishes to her...

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thats sad news
They are all in our thoughts & prayers

50's is still so young...We hope they are all doing okay

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss Rob. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry Rob ........many thoughts and prayers for your family at this time.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My condolences to you and your family! What ashame, she was too young!
Monique

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I don't know what the chances are of this, but I just had a thought of maybe she had Meningitis. I was just watching on the news last night a report of a girl who died from it within 34 hours or so. If my mother said that she heard she hadn't been feeling well in the past few days, it's a possibility.
Is your family considering an autopsy to find out?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences to you and your family, Rob. People do drop dead at all ages, and the one consolation is that it's much, much better than a long, painful death.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Is your family considering an autopsy to find out?
Yes I'm sure they are. Both my sister and myself think that it could be Meningitis. There have been some reported cases lately.

She was actually 49. She would have been 50 in January.

I just feel so bad for my cousins. I forget how old they are...I think 15 (twins) and 19. My cousin, her son, found her when he went to say goodbye to her before he left for work and she wasn't responsive. My uncle had left for work at 5am and I wonder if she was still alive then. It makes me appreciate that my wife and I say I love you every night and say goodbye to each other each morning even if one of us is sleeping.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry Rob. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.