TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Hump day Oct 10th
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily Thread Hump day Oct 10th

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Morning cat peeps!

Today is already Wednesday!! Thats only two more days until Friday!

Ummm, not much planned for me today..I have to vote though after work.

Trout is on my lap right now purring away...thats all I need in the morning

I hope you all have a good one
post #2 of 19
Morning!!

Awwwww give Trout a scritch from me

I'm just having lunch of a lovely ham and cheese sandwich with a bag of crisps
post #3 of 19
Going house hunting tomorrow. Found one out of many that is in the price range and looks really good. Got to travel out on bus&train but it's only a couple of suburbs away.


Omg 11 weeks left to look!
post #4 of 19
good morning

is it Wednesday already? sweet!

I'm listening to the brand new Radiohead album I just downloaded. Sounds good so far, but it will take some time to judge.

So today is just another day at work. Then I'll probably spend my evening at the university's library. There's a book I want to read, and it's been put on reserve, which means that I can only use it for 3 hours at a time, and I can't take it out of the library. What a pain!
post #5 of 19
Good morning everyone!

It's finally cloudy and rainy here. Which I'm sort of glad, there's only so many beautiful days I can take right in a row. Besides we're in a "Flood Zone" so I'm really curious to see how bad the flooding can get.

I had two phone calls yesterday towards my job applications, but no one on one interviews yet. I feel bad for B...so far no one has called him back

If I don't have one interview by next week, I'm going to the mall and apply for jobs there. Oh and I signed up for the Mystery Shopper thing last night. I used the recommended link that was posted here a few months ago.
post #6 of 19
Morning all~

I can't believe I'm awake since I'm off today and it'd be a perfect time to catch up on some sleep and maybe feel a little better.
I kept waking myself (and hubby) up last night coughing and whining about his loud filter on his fish tank. I can't believe how loud that thing is when we turn off the over head fan. I wanted to throw it out the window. So I begged him to get another one so I didn't have to hear it ever again. He's got good ones on the 240 tank and you can't hear anything on that one, why he'd use such poopy ones on the 120 gln is beyond me. Hopefully me waking him up finally got him in gear and he'll order one. (along with fixing the light that's out on it but that's a WHOLE other story.)

Today's catch up day. Since I've been sick, nothing's gotten done so I have to play catch up and try to get my house in decent condition. I've been doing laundry since Monday night and still have about 8 loads left. (There are only two of us living here mind you ) Two of the loads are from Rocket last night though. He got sick under the covers, could'nt find his way out in time and well, YUMMERS at 6 this morning. Poor cat, I felt so bad that he's sleeping all of a sudden, he wakes up and gets sick not being able to find some sort of light or way out. I'd freak that's for sure if it were me. So there was a 1/2 hour cuddle session followed by the alarm going off at 7. He's fine now, though. I've talked to the vet about that (and got a second opinion), they both said it's because he scarfs his food and it isn't sitting right in his little tummy, so sometimes he gets sick from it.

Anyway, before I write a novel here, I'd better get started with my housework. (coffee first )

Have a great day everyone!!
post #7 of 19
Good morning (or afternoon, for some of you)!

The reisident 'old folks', Mama Twix and Shaggy, are snoozing on my bed like a god cat and dog. The others are snuggled in bed still.

I have nothing planned today so I get to enjoy TCS!
post #8 of 19
Good morning!

Today I finally get to order new glasses. They broke a week and a half ago, and I couldn't order them until today (insurance reasons). I've been wearing contacts and I hate them.

Nabu has his annual with shots this afternoon. He probably won't be happy with me.

Other than that...just looking forward to Friday.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
It's finally cloudy and rainy here. Which I'm sort of glad, there's only so many beautiful days I can take right in a row. Besides we're in a "Flood Zone" so I'm really curious to see how bad the flooding can get.
EEP- I hope your not serious about wondering how bad the flooding can get! Coming from a person that lost everything in a flood, its not fun- and not something I'd be curious about!

Nothing new here today - going shopping tonight for new winter clothing (all of mine were in totes in the garage when the flood came and ruined them all ) But I'm a little excited to buy new Winter is definately coming- it was only about 25* when I got up this morning at 6:30AM! Better find myself some warm clothing!

Have a good day all!
post #10 of 19
Happy Hump Day

I got an A- on my speech at least I'm doing well in that class

Have econ tonight and then getting together with speech group after to talk about...our group speech won't get home till pretty late though

tonight's my fullest TV viewing schedule, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, ANTM and Bionic Woman. Am going to try to get more dished down too, did a load last night and still have at least 1.5 loads yet
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
Happy Hump Day

I got an A- on my speech at least I'm doing well in that class

Have econ tonight and then getting together with speech group after to talk about...our group speech won't get home till pretty late though

tonight's my fullest TV viewing schedule, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice, ANTM and Bionic Woman. Am going to try to get more dished down too, did a load last night and still have at least 1.5 loads yet
OOoo... thanks for the ANTM reminder!
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
EEP- I hope your not serious about wondering how bad the flooding can get! Coming from a person that lost everything in a flood, its not fun- and not something I'd be curious about!
Yikes!

Our house is raised about 3.5 feet off the ground (crawlspace). My only concern is our cars. At least we're not in a Wave action zone.

Maybe I better wait until we can afford renters insurance before I get too curious.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Yikes!

Our house is raised about 3.5 feet off the ground (crawlspace). My only concern is our cars. At least we're not in a Wave action zone.

Maybe I better wait until we can afford renters insurance before I get too curious.
Just to let you know, our renters insurance didn't cover any flooding- not many actually does. I know that everyone in our complex that just got flooded (in August), had renters insurance, and it covered nothing at all!
post #14 of 19
I am sooo glad its Wednesday! I finally got a day off! This is the first day I've had off since I went to GA for 4 days. I got back on Sept. 17th! But we have been super busy at work and my paychecks have been great! And today I plan on catching up on some tv, relaxing, and then going halloween shopping later! I cant wait!
post #15 of 19
Good Afternoon Everyone

This morning i woke up and cleaned the mess Kojak made all over my living room when he got into my bag full of wedding stuff/and some kitty toys my mom had given me for them

After that I had a little lunch and spent some time playing with the foster kittens and the rest of the animals. Fosters and Whiskey played fetch with me for a good hour and ran around like a bunch of crazy doggies!

Right now i've got the dishes going in the dish washer and i'm trying to motivate myself to vaccume the house and run some errands. I have to go to the bank, shower, go to the naval base (oh joy), and then tonight i'm supposed to go pick up my car from the repair shop if it's ready.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Just to let you know, our renters insurance didn't cover any flooding- not many actually does. I know that everyone in our complex that just got flooded (in August), had renters insurance, and it covered nothing at all!
Really?! I thought that I could purchase an addendum to the insurance for flood zones.

I better call my car insurance too and find out. That sucks

Well if neither of us doesn't get a job soon, we may be living in the cars
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasmom View Post
Really?! I thought that I could purchase an addendum to the insurance for flood zones.

I better call my car insurance too and find out. That sucks

Well if neither of us doesn't get a job soon, we may be living in the cars
Yeah since you live in a flood zone- I'd get everything checked for sure!

I hope you both find jobs quickly!
post #18 of 19
That sucks about renter's insurance not covering floods!!

A windy and cool day today-its about 50F. Was gonna work but we have had light rain to that shot that idea!

So just before it rained I picked and pulled out all my pepper plants-I have 17 pounds of peppers!! I chopped for an hour and srarted to freeze some. But lots left and I can't give many away and some have spots and stuff-eek lots a peppers!!

Also started up my painting of the basement. Unfortunately I will have to remove some wire shelves (another day!!)

Having baked garlic shrimp for dinner tonite!!
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Yeah since you live in a flood zone- I'd get everything checked for sure!

I hope you both find jobs quickly!
Yes Kenzington is right..at least around here we do not insurance anyone for floods..no matter what!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Daily Thread Hump day Oct 10th