Wear a suit???

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Okay, I just talked to my girlfriend about 1 hour ago... and guess what, Saturday's next week there is a Bat-Mitzchva for her sister (actually they don't call the day Saturday but Shabbat, Jewish name)...

I already knew about the event itself, but what I didn't know is what she told me now "Okay Arie, I know you haven't been so much here but here everyone goes with a suit and... you need to wear a suit
even the little kids wear a suit, I want you also to wear a suit" - when she said it I was like

I have never, never ever in my entire life worn a suit!

Omg she also said I don't have to buy one here, I can buy one in local shop there, but omg no no no, I don't want to wear a suit... people look ridiculous in suits!

Not good, this isn't good

------------------

btw I'm so glad everything's okay between us, she's my oxygen and I can't live without her...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well unfortunately you have to either suck it up and wear the suit, or don't go. It is a very big important event, and EVERY male wears a suit. You cannot turn up there in a tshirt and track pants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well unfortunately you have to either suck it up and wear the suit, or don't go. It is a very big important event, and EVERY male wears a suit. You cannot turn up there in a tshirt and track pants.
haha I know but I'm afraid of being looked ridiculous

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can understand 100%. I can not stand to wear a suit either and have not worn one in years. Now, I do dress nice when going out, but I will never wear a suit, unless I have to. Now, don't get me wrong, I think suits look nice, but I just can not stand having that much clothes on me, especially when the weather is hot. I do not like to button the top button on a shirt, to wear a tie either. I feel like I am being choked

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear you guys are such babies! Don't you know a guy looks pretty SHARP and kinda SEXY in a suit????? Geezzzzzzzz

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I swear you guys are such babies! Don't you know a guy looks pretty SHARP and kinda SEXY in a suit????? Geezzzzzzzz
Me a baby? Not I
Besides, I don't think any clothes is going to make me look sharp or sexy, but then again, tha's just me

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would just go to a local rent-a-tux (you may be able to order one online) and pay $50 for the suit to borrow and return.

Bar & Bat-Mitchzvas are pretty formal occassions over here and often require suits and formal dresses. Besides its just one night...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You would only look funny if you were the only male that showed up to the event NOT in a suit. Then everyone would look at you and wonder what was wrong with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arie85

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

You would only look funny if you were the only male that showed up to the event NOT in a suit. Then everyone would look at you and wonder what was wrong with you.
You're right. I love Nicole and I won't come without a suit however I know I won't feel comfortable with it

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arie85

Do you have a link to a pic on the web that shows how it looks like?
umm..no as they're part of undergarments.

Basically they reform your calves, thighs, and buttocks to be more err...shapely. It's a pain in the butt (no pun intended) to have to rearrange your butt checks to fit into the nylons nicely.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh come on! As a young girl...I can assure you, tha ladies LOVE a man in a suit!!!

When my SO wears a tie to work, I can barely keep myself off of him! ;p

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a nice sport jacket, dark trousers and a not-so-stuffy collared shirt. As long as the collar of the shirt isn't too close, the tie won't be as well... mens' shirts come with 'neck sizes' so measure yours and then get one that's a little bigger.

Try Mens' Warehouse. Affordable suits and such... not a HUGE investment. And I think they do rent as well... dunno... I've been single for so stinkin' long... no men in my life. And my dad hasn't worn one since i was a kid. I mean little kid.

I'm thinking Navy Blue trousers, a coordinating sport-jacket and tie, and a shirt that isn't white. Light blue or something.

Here's a jacket (thinking budget): Sport Jacket

Look at what the guy in the picture is wearing... you don't have to do a vest/sweater vest. But I'd go with darker colors... Simple, not too fussy. Dark sports jacket, dark pants, nice shirt but not too traditional, and then a tie. You might even like the separates. One thing most people (men and women alike) seem to be stuck on is that when you buy a suit you have to always wear it all together. You don't. You can wear the jacket with jeans and a polo shirt for a casual date... etc. Mix and match. Find pieces you like and work them together. It's not stuff at all. And having a nice tie and jacket and such will be good for those occasional times you might just NEED them.

Just my two cents...
Amanda