My cat died tonight.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My beloved fella died tonight.

I know a couple of people on these boards are wrestling with the euthanasia question so I just want to share my experience. I got to sit with him for several hours beforehand (vet gave him stuff to keep him comfortable) and then I sat with his body for a couple of hours after. I think not being rushed was a big help.So my two cents is, if you decide to do it, take all the time you need. I have some small sense of peace from having done that.

Now to go cry for many, many days....

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had to make that hard decision. What a bittersweet gift, though, to be able to spend time with your baby during his final hours.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

I know a couple of people on these boards are wrestling with the euthanasia question so I just want to share my experience. I got to sit with him for several hours beforehand (vet gave him stuff to keep him comfortable) and then I sat with his body for a couple of hours after. I think not being rushed was a big help.So my two cents is, if you decide to do it, take all the time you need. I have some small sense of peace from having done that.

I'm so sorry, that had to be the hardiest thing .... but the best thing at the same time! Death is never on our agenda, and the pain that results from it
is sometimes almost unbearable! You are in my thoughts and prayers today and for days to come! Please take care!

Monique

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I know that you went to great lengths to make him well and that the decision was hard.
Rest in peace, little one.

helly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So so sorry for you. What an awful thing to have to do... I cried too when I read your post.

bonniesmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am so sorry for your loss.i know he will be playing hard and will be there to greet you with little head butts when you meet again.he will never leave you.
bless you little one.play hard and look after your mummy.
x

vizr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
May he rest in peace but you will be re-united one day. It's not goodbye trust me

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I'm so sorry you had to make that hard decision. What a bittersweet gift, though, to be able to spend time with your baby during his final hours.
i envy you that. i wish i could've been there for my Mouse

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i envy you that. i wish i could've been there for my Mouse
I too, was unable to be there with my beloved Alley when she passed, so I am so glad that you had that time with your sweet boy.

I would love to hear more about him when you feel up to it.

Rest in peace, sweet angel

pumpkinsmommie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brokenheart

My husband and I went through the same thing Monday night. We stayed with our baby for about an hour after it was all over.

Maybe it will make you feel better to know that you are not alone, I'm crying with you for your loss as well as our own.

I never knew it would hurt so bad.

Alison

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I, too, am experiencing the same thing as you are right now, my Black passed away on Monday morning, and I cradled him in my arms the whole time, until it was over and I sat with him in my arms and talked to him, for quiet awhile. It was a great comfort to me, to know that he was not alone when the time came, I was there with him!! I, too, had no idea that it would be so hard!! But, I keep trying to think of all the good times we had together and that brings a smile to my face although the tears are still flowing.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, my dear!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kindnesses. It is a very hard time and I expect it will go on for quite a while. Alleygirl, I will try to post more about him down the road, when it's not so raw, if that's ok. It's hard to even think about him, although I'm thinking about him all the time, if that makes sense.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP sweet angel

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. I spent time before and after with Jake too. It was hard but I don't regret it. It was the right thing to do for my precious friend who gave me so much over the 4 years I had him.

maggie5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put my beloved cat to sleep two nights ago unexpectedly. I have spent all that time since wondering if I did the right thing. Everyone keeps telling me I did, even the two vets I worked with. It is such a difficult decision but I believe that you made the right one. I, too, held my Lyndsey and kissed him and told him I loved him.