TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Report your neighbors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Report your neighbors

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
I don't know how many saw the report on Yahoo! news for Rotten neighbor, but here's a link to their web site:

http://www.rottenneighbor.com/about.php

I'm just curious what everyone thinks about this. I see it as great if you're moving into a new neighborhood, but what if YOU are the neighbor listed? I know I would become a rotten neighbor if someone posted negatives about me without talking to me.

There was only one reported near me, but not any close neighbors. I check my old neighborhoods too to see if anyone said anything
post #2 of 25
No bad neighbors within a few miles of my house.

But man, some of the "bad neighbor" reports are just FUNNY! I mean one was how this guy needs to fix a "hose" on his car because sometimes it squeaks (obviously the neighbor doesn't know much about cars, he needs to replace a belt, not a hose).
post #3 of 25
I think it's dumb. No way is it going to be conducive to a better neighborhood, anyway. They're just venting, not doing anything constructive. So why do it publicly where anyone can read it? Not to mention it's going to bite them in their own a## when they want to move out and try to sell their house.
post #4 of 25
Thread Starter 
I saw there was advice for mediation if you're listed on there. Most of the reports by my house are pretty anonymous. I did read enough and most cracked me up. The one by me read "---hole lives in pink house".

I guess I just wonder how much this would effect you if you're selling your house.
post #5 of 25
I think that it could be useful tool And if I was the bad neighbor, I'd really take notice of what they are complaining about - most likely would be my dog as the cats are friendly but stay in their own area. The dog would like to eat their toddlers, but other than that, she's a very friendly dog, to anything that's taller than 2 feet.
post #6 of 25
Wow, what a GREAT tool! And like one poster said, some of the complaints are really FUNNY!

Years ago, when I did most of my yelling at the DK's I could have been listed on that!

Here's what it would say:
The lady that lives here is always yelling at her kids, doesn't she know children get into things and that they fight sometimes? I would not want
to live next to her.

ETA: I could spend hours on this site! Actually I did find there are good reports too.
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
... if I was the bad neighbor, I'd really take notice of what they are complaining about.
That's where I disagree. Perhaps you haven't actually dealt with bad neighbors. They really don't care what other people think, so it doesn't do any good to write them up because they either won't read it or won't clean up their act because of it.
post #8 of 25
Update from my previous post:

There is so much vulgarity on this site. Beware.
post #9 of 25
Thread Starter 
I just had to share this one...I'm still cracking up:

Quote:
Alien Encounter
Runs around yard wrapped in tinfoil "to protect him from the alien transmissions". Throws spaghetti and adult magazine photos into the air to confuse "them"
post #10 of 25
Whew! No one has reported us, yet...
post #11 of 25
PU!

Breathe Dog and Pigeon POOP for free

My neighbor doesn't walk her two rottweilers and allows them to poop and pee on the balcony we share. In addition to this, she feeds the pigeons and even lets them fly through her apartment. My side of the balcony is buried in pigeon poop and feathers and I can no longer enjoy it. When my windows are open, the smell is unbearable. On rainy days when walking by our garden apartment or sitting near a window the rancid smell becomes so much more powerful you just want to throw up. I have contacted the Dept. of Health 3 times and even wrote a letter to the mayor and nothing was been done. If you move here or already live here, stay away from the big red head named Pat on the second floor balcony or you will regret it the rest of your life.

P.S. I suffer from Asthma and Allergies and she doesn't even have consideration knowing about this.
post #12 of 25
I can't see my area...the website keeps freezing my IE.
post #13 of 25
^Don't use IE. Try firefox if you can, it's safer and you can completely block most ads and pop ups with the ad-on ad blocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcats View Post
My neighbor doesn't walk her two rottweilers and allows them to poop and pee on the balcony we share. In addition to this, she feeds the pigeons and even lets them fly through her apartment. My side of the balcony is buried in pigeon poop and feathers and I can no longer enjoy it. When my windows are open, the smell is unbearable. On rainy days when walking by our garden apartment or sitting near a window the rancid smell becomes so much more powerful you just want to throw up. I have contacted the Dept. of Health 3 times and even wrote a letter to the mayor and nothing was been done. If you move here or already live here, stay away from the big red head named Pat on the second floor balcony or you will regret it the rest of your life.
I can't believe the Health Department hasn't done anything about that. Make a big stink about it (pun not intended). Maybe if you threaten to make the problem more known -public someone will take action?

I've had a past neighbor that I actually did consider reporting... to DHS.
Her being a single mom with two children and likely a lot of stress DID NOT give her the right too call her girls the horrible things I overheard one day. The only reason I didn't is because the girls already had enough to deal with, it would have been worse if the two of them had been split up.
post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
^Don't use IE. Try firefox if you can, it's safer and you can completely block most ads and pop ups with the ad-on ad blocker.
I don't have a choice. IE is what I have at the office, which is where I most often access TCS, and at home I am an AOL user, and only have IE on my XP system.

Ads and pop-ups are not an issue at all for me.

The one time I used Mozilla on a friend's computer, I didn't like it.
post #15 of 25
I think this site is a great tool and it is hilarious.

Coaster, don't you have a sense of humor?

I think it is for people that are looking to buy a house not to rehabilitate the rotten neighbors.
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_wings View Post
^Don't use IE. Try firefox if you can, it's safer and you can completely block most ads and pop ups with the ad-on ad blocker.


I can't believe the Health Department hasn't done anything about that. Make a big stink about it (pun not intended). Maybe if you threaten to make the problem more known -public someone will take action?

I've had a past neighbor that I actually did consider reporting... to DHS.
Her being a single mom with two children and likely a lot of stress DID NOT give her the right too call her girls the horrible things I overheard one day. The only reason I didn't is because the girls already had enough to deal with, it would have been worse if the two of them had been split up.

I should have stated that I got the story from the website, sorry you thought it was my neighbor.
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
....Coaster, don't you have a sense of humor...
Ha ha ... my sense of humor is too offbeat to appeal to most people.

While I can see the humor for non-involved persons reading these rants, if your neighbor posted something not very nice about you I don't think you'd find it too funny.
post #18 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcats View Post
I should have stated that I got the story from the website, sorry you thought it was my neighbor.
Opps, I probably should have noticed that. I'm going to blame the sleepless night and pain meds for that slip.


On a side note though, I do have a Swedish friend who was having a problem with a neighbor feeding pigeons from her windows and balcony. He complained about how the birds and poop were everywhere.
post #19 of 25
I can't get the page to load for my zip code.

Darn....I wanted to list my neighborhood. The gal across the street has needed a new muffler on her car for over a year now...since September 2006. I hear her every morning when she leaves at 5:45 am. I've thought about leaving an anonymous nasty-gram on her windshield threatening to turn her in to the police.
post #20 of 25
How weird... I put in my childhood zip code and found out that one of my old neighbors is on there! They had this nasty pool and a horrible broken fence that was trashy when I lived there! It seems that things have not improved!

BTW I moved out of that house ten years ago!
post #21 of 25
Isn't pigeon poop harmful somehow? I think I saw it on Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe (elect for president '08) where they were cleaning it from hospital window sills.

Pigeon poop is for the birds *Pun intended*.
post #22 of 25
You ever notice how on Yahoo Home page every day they will have a list of the most popular yahoo searches for the day? Well, today's was "Rotten Neighbor" Isn't that a hoot. Probably because of this thread.
I know I posted a link on another forum I am a member of.
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
I actually found the link because it was on abc.com via Yahoo! News

After viewing the video about the site I tried for hours to check it out. However it was a couple of hours (when I posted) until I got through. I was cracking up as there are tons of posts added between last night and tonight.
post #24 of 25
I wonder how much of it is really true? You could easily go on there and post complete falsehoods about your neighbors.
post #25 of 25
That's one reason I objected to it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Report your neighbors