Gonna just do it

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I know this is silly, but really you guys are the only ones who will be happy for me at all.
I've been battling with a stupid dying pump on my catit fountain for about a month now...and doing a lot of chatting with my favourite cat people (that's you guys) about which one to buy. Quite frankly, it really is a toss up between the fresh flow or the drinkwell....but heres the thing
Neither of those EVER go on sale around here. The catit sure, but neither of the other ones. I'm also a student, and therefore poor. BUT Dynah really loves having a fountain, so I want to keep one for her.
Despite having pumps die on me in the past, I'm going to go to Canadian tire tomorrow with Canadian Tire money in hand (it's like a points card, only in bill form) and get around $10 off of a fresh flow, non deluxe.
It's not the best, but it's also pretty good...mom's got a non deluxe and it's actually quieter than our deluxe was, believe it or not. Fresh flows also have easily accessible pumps for when I eventually kill this one (online).
Pretty cool eh!
Yay not dieing fountain!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Can you just buy a new pump for the Catit?
The Fresh Flow is pretty good - our last one lasted six years, and probably would have continued to work, but DH thought it was getting too loud and threw it out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I'm pretty sure they're the same pump (my mom transfered one to the other when we got the last fountain....I think it was because one was easier to take apart because of looser plastic).
BUT I'm tired of trying to adjust the Catit, and I broke the top off the last pump doing just that....plus, the filters are only ok.
Wish I could afford a drinkwell, but then I also don't know if I could handle the constant running water.
At least I know all will be good with the fresh flow.

How did you clean out your fresh flow? Our pumps only seem to last a few years around here before kicking it, even with thorough cleaning once a week.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a petmate regular water fountain for 5 years, the 2nd pump was on its last legs. You'd plug it in & nothing would happen, we'd have to jiggle it to get it to work again. Thank goodness we got a good deal on a deluxe water fountain, the pump quit after lightning knocked out the power right before the new bowl was delivered to our house!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the deluxe part is the water flow adjustment right? Just trying to figure out if it's worth an extra $10 to go to walmart

Good timing though!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

How did you clean out your fresh flow? Our pumps only seem to last a few years around here before kicking it, even with thorough cleaning once a week.
I used to just blow the hairs/dust off the pump once a week, and put the plastic parts through the dishwasher. I guess I was just lucky. I actually think it would have lasted another couple of years, but DH found the noise disturbing
, and Jamie is just as happy with onion soup bowls as water dishes.