I need a drink...

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thought I would share my drive home from the vets today to give some of you something to snicker at. We are going out of town tomorrow so I needed to get all four cats into the vet for certain reasons. Well I pick them all up and here is how the 20 min. drive went:
I get them all loaded in the car. I am a min. down the road and Snickers had managed to weasel her way out of her soft carrier. So she is loose. Jazz then promptly throws-up in his carrier.
Then Tosh pees in his carrier...I swear I could hear him pee about 2 cups worth.
Then he starts yeowling, complaining about how his carrier is full of pee and it smells.
I am gagging cause of the smell.
So Tosh won't shut up and then decides he will poop as well.
Well now he really ups his volume and complaints about how he now has a peed and pooped in carrier.
So now I am REALLy feeling ill (mind you we still have about 18 min of driving still left). Well, Snickers is wandering around and a mixture of car sickness and the stinch from Tosh's carrier make her throw-up.
I am getting ready to pull over in a ditch and just leave the car at this moment.
So we have another 15 min. to go (can you tell I was counting down how far till home?
) I desperately want to roll the windows down <if not because of the smell at least to scream out of > but with Snickers loose I dare not do that. Well at this point I am laughing so I won't start crying. I am sure people were wondering what was wrong with me. Anyway, so beyond the stink we finally get to 1 min. away from our house and Tosh is overcome by his own filth that he promptly throws up on top of everything! I pull up and I was never so glad to be out of a car in my life!!
Of course I had to then bath Tosh and clean the car and the carrier.
I am exhausted <mumbling> I love my cats, I love my cats, I love...

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my oh my,

I laughed out loud at this. but I'm sure it was pretty stressful. You have quite a crew.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Thought I would share my drive home from the vets today to give some of you something to snicker at. We are going out of town tomorrow so I needed to get all four cats into the vet for certain reasons. Well I pick them all up and here is how the 20 min. drive went:
I get them all loaded in the car. I am a min. down the road and Snickers had managed to weasel her way out of her soft carrier. So she is loose. Jazz then promptly throws-up in his carrier.
Then Tosh pees in his carrier...I swear I could hear him pee about 2 cups worth.
Then he starts yeowling, complaining about how his carrier is full of pee and it smells.
I am gagging cause of the smell.
So Tosh won't shut up and then decides he will poop as well.
Well now he really ups his volume and complaints about how he now has a peed and pooped in carrier.
So now I am REALLy feeling ill (mind you we still have about 18 min of driving still left). Well, Snickers is wandering around and a mixture of car sickness and the stinch from Tosh's carrier make her throw-up.
I am getting ready to pull over in a ditch and just leave the car at this moment.
So we have another 15 min. to go (can you tell I was counting down how far till home?
) I desperately want to roll the windows down <if not because of the smell at least to scream out of > but with Snickers loose I dare not do that. Well at this point I am laughing so I won't start crying. I am sure people were wondering what was wrong with me. Anyway, so beyond the stink we finally get to 1 min. away from our house and Tosh is overcome by his own filth that he promptly throws up on top of everything! I pull up and I was never so glad to be out of a car in my life!!
Of course I had to then bath Tosh and clean the car and the carrier.
I am exhausted <mumbling> I love my cats, I love my cats, I love...
Sorry to laugh at your expense but that sounds like what Tiger has done.
He HATES going in the truck... He peed, puked and pooped so much one time I almost (ALMOST) put him in the bed of the truck

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok, that was not a snicker, that was a full belly laugh
sorry!!

just to commiserate with you, I once picked up a cat at the vets fresh from his neuter surgery and this cat was a cat I had never seen before and he was a adult stray. He peed in his carrier
have you ever smelled tom cat pee at close proximity? I do not recommend it, it smelled so bad my eyes were watering

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I are crying from laughing so much

Now I don't feel so bad when Charlie holds it at the shows and then decides to go on the way home.

That is why we have paper towels and plastic bags in the back seat - and we pull over and take care of things quick!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the drink, lunasmom...now if I can just figure out how to pull it off the screen so I can drink it.

I am glad you got a full belly laugh out of it, katiemae1277. I am still laughing about it myself.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

DH and I are crying from laughing so much

Now I don't feel so bad when Charlie holds it at the shows and then decides to go on the way home.

That is why we have paper towels and plastic bags in the back seat - and we pull over and take care of things quick!
I am glad to give some smiles to others. Yeah, I had wipes and such in the car but Tosh had made such a mess out of himself that there were not enough wipes in the world to take care of it. He was literally dripping peeing when I got him out of the carrier and carried him into the bathroom to bath him.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You ARE making this up, right??? Seriously, I feel for ALL of you! May I suggest you spray each carrier with Feliway spray before your next trip? I've airlifted cats and they were calm as could be after Feliway.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

You ARE making this up, right??? Seriously, I feel for ALL of you! May I suggest you spray each carrier with Feliway spray before your next trip? I've airlifted cats and they were calm as could be after Feliway.
Yeah. Tosh is...ummm...special(in more ways than one
). We have the feliway diffuser at home and it helps the other cats but has no affect on him
His problem is he is ticked about going to the vets and he wants to make sure that he shows how upset he is. Anyway, I might give it a try next time. Won't hurt to try

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was the throwing up that finally pushed me into full hysteria. That is one resourceful cat -- he used every bodily fluid he had available to express his discontent!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It was the throwing up that finally pushed me into full hysteria. That is one resourceful cat -- he used every bodily fluid he had available to express his discontent!
Yes, I thought I was "safe" from anything else happening after he pooped and peed. I told DH, it is like he was in the carrier with a check list, "Peed...check...Pooped...check...ummm...I'm forgetting something...oh, yes...throw-up!" He has always been a toot. Good thing we love cats.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Next time you go anywhere with the cats in the car, I'm sure you will have a roll of paper towels and some bags under the seat.

I'd have pulled over and cleaned up everyone as best as I could - even if it was only 20 mins of riding between vet and house!