Help me pick out shoes!

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I start my student (xray) tech job this weekend. I want to buy a new pair of shoes for my job but I can't decide on a pair. I would love for you all to help me out! The first three options are the same shoe just a different color. The fourth option is a totally different shoe.

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4: (couldn't get a pic to post)
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products...ts/C046226.jsp

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
X-ray tech eh? So will you be wearing scrubs and all that get up? If so, go with what compliments the scrubs. i.e. if you wear the teal scrubs I'd get option 2, or if you wear white scrubs and wear red a lot (red t-shirt, neck band, etc), get option 3.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd go with option 2: the gray will match just about anything (except brown or tan).

Although I like option 1 too...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

X-ray tech eh? So will you be wearing scrubs and all that get up? If so, go with what compliments the scrubs. i.e. if you wear the teal scrubs I'd get option 2, or if you wear white scrubs and wear red a lot (red t-shirt, neck band, etc), get option 3.
Yes, I will be wearing scrubs. There's no set color we have to wear so I was going to try and get a shoe that went with most anything.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Op #1 - the white with the little bit of blue. I like white sneakers better then any other color - with a dash of color in them

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work at Shoe Carnival, so I've learned a little about shoes in the last few months. Nikes will only be good for about 2-3 months; for their popularity, Nike really doesn't make a shoe to last.

Asics are good shoes, but I've heard that some people find them very uncomfortable, so you should make sure that they feel comfortable on you.

If you are going to be on your feet a lot, you should try New Balance.

Tricia

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

I work at Shoe Carnival, so I've learned a little about shoes in the last few months. Nikes will only be good for about 2-3 months; for their popularity, Nike really doesn't make a shoe to last.
I have had my Nike Shox for over a year and I hit the gym 4 times a week
They are still in amazing shape

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think the second pair are a boring colour
I like option 1.

As for the brand - I love my Asics!!!! They're always been a fabulous running shoe. My favourite brand though for comfort shoe is Merrell. My Merrell's are about the only shoe I can stand in forever without back pain, and they last a long time as well.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Mine too!

I love the red ones, I have a pair of them that are like that & always get compliments! I
red tho

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Green Bunny

If you are going to be on your feet a lot, you should try New Balance.
Dh wears some New Balance shoes and they are great. He's constantly moving so he wears them out a little fast, but he says they have been the best so far.

I chose option 1, becasue I think they would match more things, but if they were for me I'd probably want both 1 and 2!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote #4! I find it much more attractive than the shock-absorber look of the other style...

Good luck in the new job!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Dh wears some New Balance shoes and they are great. He's constantly moving so he wears them out a little fast, but he says they have been the best so far.

I chose option 1, becasue I think they would match more things, but if they were for me I'd probably want both 1 and 2!
New Balance is very good...

So are Crocs, I hear (though I think they're ugly, personally).

Oh, and cowboy boots.

Ya know... things to think about.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like option number two. BUT if you're going to be on your feet all day at a hospital you REALLY might want to look into buying a pair of SAS shoes of some insoles from the Good Feet Store. SAS shoes are the only shoes i wear for work (i'm a vet tech and i'm on my feet all day long and never really get to sit- i've had foot surgery on both feet and have painfully flat feet so i am constantly in pain if i don't have good comfy shoes on.) Out of everything i've used SAS are the most comfy (not always the best looking- but if it's for work, that's ok!
)

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

We don't sell Shox, so I don't have any experience with them. I've had good luck with my Nikes, myself, in the past, but I tend to just wear shoes until my feet can't take them anymore. I also don't work out much; I generally just walk in them.

Tricia