yummy yummy yummy!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
last week when I was sick I went to the doctor to get medicine and of course they did the usual weigh-in, BP check etc. Well, my BP was very normal
good as I've been struggling to get it normalized for a couple years. My weight on the other hand, not so good
so I decided to finally go on a diet. I bought salad fixins and chicken breasts and this fat-free dressing, sweet vinegar and olive oil. I marinated the chicken in the dressing and baked it

so tonight I had a chicken salad with mixed greens, mozzarella cheese, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and sunflower seeds with warmed up marinated chicken and topped with warmed up dressing
oh my gosh it was SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe this diet thing isn't so bad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Good luck with it Katie!
That salad does sound soooooo good!
Thanks Natalie, why is it weight is so hard to get off, but so darn easy to put on

I'm going to try to get a decent elliptical machine too after Christmas, I need to get off the couch...and computer!!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Thanks Natalie, why is it weight is so hard to get off, but so darn easy to put on

I'm going to try to get a decent elliptical machine too after Christmas, I need to get off the couch...and computer!!
So true. The elliptical machine will melt off the lbs. When I had my gym membership I knocked out like 4 lbs in a month. So good luck with the diet you make it sound so yummy

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...why is it weight is so hard to get off, but so darn easy to put on
Ah, that's because our technology has exceeded our evolution. If not for major advances in agriculture, transportation, and other key fields, most of us would still be farming our own land, grinding our own flour, and expending just about as many calories to generate our food as we consume when we eat it.

Today, most of us no longer do much physical labor, so we no longer use up as many calories as we're able to get our hands on -- but we actually have far more access to nutrition than in the past. Therefore, we tend to take in more than we need.

Eventually, nature will probably balance things out: either our bodies will evolve to compensate for this overabundance, or the planet will cease to produce that abundance for us so readily. But right now, we're still evolutionarily programmed for survival under more difficult conditions than generally exist for us, so our bodies still tend to latch right onto every calorie we can supply them.

If this were the 18th century, those of us who have a weight problem would be the lucky ones -- perfectly adapted to make the most of every ounce of nutrition we're able to hunt, gather, beg, borrow, or steal! Alas, in the 21st century... we're just fat.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just thought of another way nature could shift our overabundance problem into proper balance: those who have too much could share more freely with those who have too little.

It could come about through peaceful enlightenment... or it could come about through violent revolution. I vote for the former!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your dinner sounds soo yummy!!!
we had frozen pizza tonight
(i had to work late!)

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a good healthy recipe that I tried last night too! SO easy to make.

6 (or more) Roma tomatoes, quartered and seeded (halved if they're small ones)
3 medium zucchini, sliced (similar sizes to the tomato pieces)
1 bulb fennel, sliced (about 8 slices)

Place all of this in a roasting pan, toss with olive oil and salt. While you're preparing this part, marinate the chicken in the following:

1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 or 4 teaspoons minced garlic (or however much you like)
salt

Make sure it is all over the chicken and place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies. Roast at 375 for 30 minutes, stir the veggies, then top with some rosemary and roast for about 20 or 30 minutes more. JUICY chicken, yummy veggies!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was thinking that myself the last few days!!! I swear I only had 2 donuts and I've felt like crap and fat since!!!