Peppermint Pattie Crisis....

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I accidently left half a peppermint pattie on the coffee table before I went to sleep. It is the larger ones, not the little bitesize ones. Well I woke up to find the wrapper on the floor. None of my cats are acting weird, I actually have a feeling I know who ate it. Do I need to give him something to throw up? I don't really think that is the best idea bc I have no idea what time he ate it and it could already be digested..... How bad is this?? There is no throw up anywhere in my apartment.
Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
CAll the VET or the ER... CHOCOLATE can be FATEL it is TOXIC

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Peppermint patties are a darker chocolate coating - not a milk chocolate - I'd call the vet now!
That's what I was going to say. Dark chocolate is especially toxic to cats. Please get them to the vet right away. Only a small amount can be fatal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet said everything should be ok, but expect the runs. I am going to keep an eye on them of course, but I think we will be ok! Scared the everything out of me when I noticed it and I knew dogs couldn't have chocolate and I figured cats couldn't, never fed them any and whatnot, but wasn't 100% sure so that is why I got on here first. I feel so guilty! Thanks for the support though!!!