This weather is driving me NUTS!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This weekend it was about 97*, just awful! Not typical weather for the beginning of October!
I woke up this morning to it being 60*, quite a change!
I turned on the news while I was getting ready for work - today's high is 70*, but the rest of the week is 50's- AND- they said that there is a chance of snow flurries for the end of this week/next week!

I really hope it starts to cool down, I'm so sick of this crazy weather- GIVE ME SNOW!

I was looking back at my threads from a year ago this month, & we'd been getting snow already!

I'm ready for it- believe me!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No wonder your wanting cooler weather
It's been cool here for a while now, so the heatings on for an hour or so to take the chill off, but i'll be setting it to come on in the next couple of weeks.

I prefer cooler weather

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling the weather changes have been so crazy here that we start each day in a thick fog and end it with a storm and it is hot and humid in the day, not helped by the fact we are so close to the lake.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's a lot warmer than it was here. I'm glad we didn't get that hot. I was complaining on Saturday because it was 90. Like a dummy I took my air condtioner out last weekend saying to myself "It's October how hot can it get?" My poor cats (espeically hairy moster Isaac) were miserable all weekend. They were giving me that all knowing look too like, as soon as you fall asleep we are going to hurt you for this.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think this year in particular people have really started to note the changes caused by global warming. They certainly have been pronounced here where I live.
Today it is cloudy, very warm and humid which is extremely odd for this time of year.
Generally in early October we have bright sunny days, windy and chilly 9-11 degrees (low to mid fifties.)

Makes you wonder what things will be like in another 20 years.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

No wonder your wanting cooler weather
It's been cool here for a while now, so the heatings on for an hour or so to take the chill off, but i'll be setting it to come on in the next couple of weeks.

I prefer cooler weather
Oh how I wish it was cooler here!

Hopefully this week things will cool down & fall wil really come into play. Today is cooler and very rainy, lots of storms headed our way. Oh joy!

With me being the snow freak that I am, I'm ready for a full blown, ice cold winter!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our thermometer said that it was 102 yesterday. It's supposed to be in the 90s again today. But it's supposed to cool off to the 70s tomorrow and 60s the rest of the week!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather had been wacked here too..it was beach weather this weekend here! It is October for goodness sakes!

2 years ago it snowed on October 2nd!

I like the nice weather though
Not like that freak Kenz...

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's so weird.

It was just the opposite here, we didn't even have a summer. It was cold and rainy
when it was supposed to be temperate and dry.

It's definitely Autumn now, though, and chillier and damper.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me, too. I am ready for cooler weather. It was 92 here yesterday and suppose to be like that for for the next couple of days, I think by Wednesday we are suppose to see a cool down into the mid 70's and that will be very much welcomed!! I am so ready for a cool down at least mid 70's would be nice for daytime temps. And night time temps in the 50's, just perfect!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mine the heat so much If I had left my stinkin air conditioner in the window. I may be repeating myself, but it's OCTOBER, it's not supposed to get this warm. It is going to cool down here over night & only be in the 70's tomorrow.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its crazy weather all right-its still 85 degrees as the cold front hasn't made it this far yet!!
My parents live in central WI and mom said its a bit cooler there.

I am enjoying however the extended flowering of several of my perennials and still picking tomatoes and peppers in my veg garden.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still banking that we've been wrong on the calendar...that we miscalculated at some point and that it's really still the beginning of September rather than the beginning of October

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its crazy weather all right-its still 85 degrees as the cold front hasn't made it this far yet!!
My parents live in central WI and mom said its a bit cooler there.

I am enjoying however the extended flowering of several of my perennials and still picking tomatoes and peppers in my veg garden.
Gail- its got real cool here today- cool enough for a jacket! I hope the cold front moves your way quickly!!