Very sad day for us,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, This morning we had to put our big dog Kelsey "to sleep". The last year or so she was having breathing problems and some other things going on. Last night she had big problems breathing and she was having big problems walking, she would walk into things and stager around and then last night and this morning she had at least 4 real bad seizures. I got a hold of our vet and she came to their office and met us there and checked Kelsey over the best she could. We knew for a while now that she had a good sized tumor in her chest and the vet figures she must have had one in her brain also. So we all decided the best thing was to just end her suffering which we did about noon today.

The vet said we could have taken her to a big hospital about an hour away for a bunch of expensive tests and have meds for the seizures but chances were good in her mind that there probably would not be much that could have been done to help her and we just don't have that kind of money to spend thousands of dollars to take her there to just find out she couldn't be helped. My heart was telling me also to just end her suffering and not put her through any more than she had already been through. So my Tuffy has another old friend to play with now.
RIP Kelsey

Tom and Yvonne

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry Tom about your loss of Kelsey.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

I will move this to Crossing the Bridge for you.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace sweet Kelsey.

missourigrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Kelsey. May she now RIP. Lots of
to you during this difficult time.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tom i'm so very sorry
Kelsey will thank you one day for not letting her suffer, and Tuffy will have shown her to her new home at the bridge by now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, Our cat Angel is having a hard time figuring out where Kelsey is. She was always with Kelsey and almost always would sleep near her. I wonder if Angel knew something was wrong with Kelsey and that is why she was always with her.

Panther did the same thing when Tuffy was so sick.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww I'm so sorry. Poor Kelsey. She's at peace now and without sickness. And I'm sure Angel did know something wasn't right. I felt that way about my cat, Peaches, when Jake was sick. And she definately knew Jake was gone the last few weeks. She was beside herself. Anyway... please accept my condolences.

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the support. When we have pets we are real close to sooner or later we have to go through this stuff. All the love and fun times our pets give us far out way times like this, at least that is how I feel about it.

I hope I can explain this so it makes sense without writing a book, Any way a few years ago Yvonne's cousin lost his mom, that same day the little dog Yvonne had back then also died, well last Sunday after we lost Kelsey Yvonne's cousins wife calls and told us her mom died that morning also. What are the chances of something like that happening two times.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is ironic, about the moms and your animals! I am so sorry for everyone! The picture of Kelsey was just precious! Talk to angel about what happened , I promise she will know exactly what your talking about! She needs to know where her friend went!
Please take care, I'll be thinking of you and yours!
Monique

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

That is ironic, about the moms and your animals! I am so sorry for everyone! The picture of Kelsey was just precious! Talk to angel about what happened , I promise she will know exactly what your talking about! She needs to know where her friend went!
Please take care, I'll be thinking of you and yours!
Monique
I took Kelsey's collar and laid it on the bed by Angel the other night and I said Kelsey won't be coming home anymore, She looked at me funny then head butted the collar and smelled it for a minute and then walked away. I think she knew what I was trying to tell her.

I had to tell Panther that Tuffy was not coming home when he died and he went and laid under a table and put his head down and he just laid there for a hour or so. I think he also knew what I was telling him. Panther tried so hard to help Tuffy when he was real sick. Panther watches over all the other cats real close.

Tom

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tom W

I took Kelsey's collar and laid it on the bed by Angel the other night and I said Kelsey won't be coming home anymore, She looked at me funny then head butted the collar and smelled it for a minute and then walked away. I think she knew what I was trying to tell her.

I had to tell Panther that Tuffy was not coming home when he died and he went and laid under a table and put his head down and he just laid there for a hour or so. I think he also knew what I was telling him. Panther tried so hard to help Tuffy when he was real sick. Panther watches over all the other cats real close.

Tom
That's just so sad.

brokenheart

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. It seems there's a lot of heartache this week on the cat site.

Kelsey looks like a great dog. Did she have some Lab in her?

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was so beautiful. Kelsey's an angel now. May she rest in peace.