I love living in Vermont!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The trees are so beautiful this time of year. I snapped these pictures just a mile from my house today. I feel so blessed to live in this beautiful place!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pictures are gorgeous! I'm in Vermont right now, heading back to New Hampshire soon, but the trees in this area are beautiful as well. We went up through Franconia Notch in NH this past Tuesday, and it was soooo nice. I just hate it cause I know the snow is coming soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Those pictures are gorgeous! I'm in Vermont right now, heading back to New Hampshire soon, but the trees in this area are beautiful as well. We went up through Franconia Notch in NH this past Tuesday, and it was soooo nice. I just hate it cause I know the snow is coming soon!
Look on the bright side. Winter can be beautiful too!

(Remind me to come back to this thread when it's January and 30 below, wind whipping, and 3 feet of snow on the ground. I'll need some encouragement!
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh those pictures remind me of home!!! I grew up in Upstate New York, in the foothills of the Adirondacks. I miss the color! I always thought the hills looked like a giant cozy quilt when they were all colored like that.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooo!!!
I'm hoping next year B and I can take a weekender up to Vermont to see the colors of Fall (and get some maple syrup from a tree
)

I've never been to Vermont, but would love to visit there!

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahhhhh...lovely pictures! I'm heading for NY on the 19th and can't wait to see the autumn foliage!!!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menasmom

Ahhhhh...lovely pictures! I'm heading for NY on the 19th and can't wait to see the autumn foliage!!!
Hate to disappoint you, but by then it will most likely be gone. Whatever is left will probably be very dull.
I wish it would last all year!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The hills make it even better! Where I live The hills are a bit pathetic, nothing like that at all.

Beautiful pictures!!

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just love living in Vermont too!

This morning I took my daughter to her riding lesson and this afternoon we went apple picking.
It was a beautiful fall day.
The apple orchard was very busy with a lot of leaf-peepers from out of state.

I love your photos, I got out to your part of the state this summer and it was really beautiful up there.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow i cant believe how fast the leaves are changing. I'm in northwest Jersey and i've only lived up here a year but i was amazed that the last week of sept. the leaves were already changing. Vermont is changing even faster......wow. I'm use to central jersey living at the beach and it takes forever for the leaves to change down there. I cant wait for another week to go by and then i'm heading to High Point Jersey to go get some nice pics. Thank you for the beautiful pics.

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcaregiver

There is no way I could live there. Something got into my lungs and I couldn't breathe properly for at least 3 months, I think it was closer to 4.
If you have allergies, it's not a good place, but could be worse. This time of year I always get an ongoing case of the sniffles and a slight cough. Not quite a cold, but just always "there." I wonder what it could be that is causing it...

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just gorgeous

I recently had the pleasure of driving back to NY from NH via a tiny bit of Vermont (yes we took the scenic route)

I love living in the northeast, I don't think I could handle a place without seasons.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those pictures are beautiful!!! I always loved the trees changing color when I lived in NJ. The sides of the interstate were always a bunch of color, as well as the woods behind our house.

catcaregiver

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TickyTat

If you have allergies, it's not a good place, but could be worse. This time of year I always get an ongoing case of the sniffles and a slight cough. Not quite a cold, but just always "there." I wonder what it could be that is causing it...
What I got was more like bronchitis. I hadn't had any issues with bronchitis in almost 25 years since leaving Germany and coming to Arizona and the bronchitis I had before didn't hang on for months and months like this did.