Diet Changes

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to say that I have seen results from switching away from grocery store food. I have been doing a lot of reading and the first thing I did was change to a higher quality dry food, as my cats are used to it. I switched to Nutro Max, and my 13 year old who is in good health has become much more energetic! She is more affectionate and plays more. my Gina has had some dry skin and flakiness, and that seems to be gone. The cats who want meat are eating plenty of cooked chicken and beef. Gina still has crystals, tho, so I am thinking of trying some of the recipes in one of my books. I know you all have discussed this before, but has anyone here had success with raw or slightly cooked diets? Do you grind everything up?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the cooked I dont grind just add a supplement of Ca ... Raw I usually by omapride or columbia river naturals pet food from the vet pre done....

Gina has crystals now??? or has had ???

which crystals >???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

the cooked I dont grind just add a supplement of Ca ... Raw I usually by omapride or columbia river naturals pet food from the vet pre done....

Gina has crystals now??? or has had ???

which crystals >???
Gina has struvite crystals, the UTI is gone, but she still has crusty stuff down there,will the diet changes get rid of them? She doesn't seem uncomfortable.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately only time will tell.... Max is UTI certified by the FDA so the testing has said it works ... I know a number of kitties it helped ... add WET FOOD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginava

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Unfortunately only time will tell.... Max is UTI certified by the FDA so the testing has said it works ... I know a number of kitties it helped ... add WET FOOD
I will, thanks.