TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › What could this be?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What could this be?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
My sisters kitten is about 9 weeks old.

She has developped this round spot on her neck under her mouth kind of...it is not irritated looking and she doesn't seem to fuss with it.

My sister is planning to bring her to the vet in a couple weeks anyway...but any ideas what it could be?

I can't get a picture because she is too wiggly.
post #2 of 13
Ringworm? Rubbing against food/water bowl? Infection from toilet?

Maybe she needs a bath?
post #3 of 13
likely cat acne is your sister feeding her on plastic??? but vet check her
post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
likely cat acne is your sister feeding her on plastic??? but vet check her
Yeah, I thought of that but her food bowls are glass...

About the ringworm, don't they need to be around other cats or animals to get it?? This kitten has been here for 3 weeks...
post #5 of 13
I thought my cat had ringworm, instead, it was an infection from the TOILET. It looked like ringworm!! Maybe give her a bath and treat it as if it were an infection? Until you can get to the vet. Or you sister to the vet.
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Well, we just washed her little spot..with soap and water with a qtip..and it now seems to be a noticeabley red..raw looking round mark. It isn't hurting her at all though..even while we were cleaning it she didn't notice.

I really hope it isn't something that Trout can get from me being here
post #7 of 13
Some cats are allergic to weird things like ceramic or glass

does the kitten eat wet food
post #8 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Some cats are allergic to weird things like ceramic or glass

does the kitten eat wet food
No just dry food...
post #9 of 13
Ringworm can lay dormant in the body for up to 6 months Nat. So, it could still be ringworm...sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Ringworm can lay dormant in the body for up to 6 months Nat. So, it could still be ringworm...sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
OMG, Trout is going to get it then!? And I am
post #11 of 13
Not necessarily Nat. Do not panick. I suggest your sis get kitty to the vet ASAP to find out what it is. You may never get it. Trout, too. Do not panick until you know for sure it's ringworm, then talk to your vet. Ringworm isn't as scary as you think, trust me, I speak from a lot of experience!
post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Not necessarily Nat. Do not panick. I suggest your sis get kitty to the vet ASAP to find out what it is. You may never get it. Trout, too. Do not panick until you know for sure it's ringworm, then talk to your vet. Ringworm isn't as scary as you think, trust me, I speak from a lot of experience!
Okay thanks..that makes me feel better. I know you are VERY experienced in this stuff

She is bringing the kitten in a couple weeks she said..hopefully she can bring her sooner!

I am not touching this cat from now on!
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
So, this morning we noticed the red mark is alot smaller after we cleaned it and you can hardly notice it unless you really look hard...

Hmmm, I wonder if it was something stuck in her fur..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › What could this be?